Your favorite Achievements!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Alright guys, what unique thing or things did you do that makes your chest puff up with pride or brings up emotions? Share some memories of your favorite accomplishments during your super steely-eyed, barrel-chested, freedom fighter days?

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
One of mine.

As the team daddy for ODA 512. (5112 later due to going from 3 to 4 battalions) my detachment and our sister team were selected as the pall bearer's for MSG Roy Benavidez. I met Roy a few times in El Paso, TX Special Forces Association meetings. Good beer, good grillin, and great company!

This was a BIG deal. Executed with the respect Roy earned throughout his life. After the funeral our teams were treated like royalty alcoholics.

The cool thing was the Team Sergeant of the other detachment was a soldier of mine who I promoted to Master Sergeant (later Sergeant Major).

Read Roy's story and see why he is so reavered in the SF community. PLEASE

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Winning Intelligence Specalist of the Year shore command and being published by CIA and DIA for my research on data on Russian boomers back in 2000...but i enjoyed getting my wings and crows "tacked" on a bit more...ya know boys being boys type crap lol

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Winning Intelligence Specalist of the Year shore command and being published by CIA and DIA for my research on data on Russian boomers back in 2000...but i enjoyed getting my wings and crows "tacked" on a bit more...ya know boys being boys type crap lol
Tell us more!

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ok i gotta my first Navy com as a frocked 2nd class out of the deal lol...rest was TS/SCI and a few caveats more due to my sources lol
Haha. I remember my first read ons and was like, we have that capability?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Had everyone do a story on a girl I diagnosed in Iraq with a VSD. I never got much recognition because a few officers jumped on a chance for promotion but, if it was not for me, her family would have believed she had asthma. Didn’t matter since she still died on July 4, 2008 due to politics. But I did my part.

Won FY22 President’s Club.

Been top 5 FSE for 4 straight years.

Became a husband to an amazing woman and a father to a crazy kid.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I have a couple from many years ago....LOL.

In basic training I was selected as the platoon Guidon bearer. Then the company commander selected me to be the Company Guidon bearer. Was pretty cool.

I was in air defense artillery (Chaparral crew member). Every year our squads would compete in crew drills and the top five in the company (there were 4 platoons in a company with roughly 4 squads in each platoon) got to go fire an actual live missile. I was the gunner (missile launcher) for my squad. I had injured my ankle and was on restricted duty (i.e. no PT, no running, no lifting heavy items etc.). However, I asked if I could participate and break light duty status. My first sergeant said that was on me. So, I participated. My squad ended up making top 5 and I got to fire a live missile off of a Chaparral air defense system. It was badass!

Chaparral 01.JPG

Chaparral 02.JPG

Crew drills consisted of the squad who could load all 4 missiles and get the system ready to fire in the shortest amount of time with the fewest amount of mistakes (Note: this is a file photo. I'm not in this photo).
Chaparral 03.JPG

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have a couple from many years ago....LOL.

In basic training I was selected as the platoon Guidon bearer. Then the company commander selected me to be the Company Guidon bearer. Was pretty cool.

I was in air defense artillery (Chaparral crew member). Every year our squads would compete in crew drills and the top five in the company (there were 4 platoons in a company with roughly 4 squads in each platoon) got to go fire an actual live missile. I was the gunner (missile launcher) for my squad. I had injured my ankle and was on restricted duty (i.e. no PT, no running, no lifting heavy items etc.). However, I asked if I could participate and break light duty status. My first sergeant said that was on me. So, I participated. My squad ended up making top 5 and I got to fire a live missile off of a Chaparral air defense system. It was badass!

View attachment 1832200

View attachment 1832201

Crew drills consisted of the squad who could load all 4 missiles and get the system ready to fire in the shortest amount of time with the fewest amount of mistakes (Note: this is a file photo. I'm not in this photo).
View attachment 1832202
The pickle suits were awesome.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Ok, I started in 83. Chose Germany as my enlistment option.
I was sent to FT. Polk Louisiana as my first assignment and was then sent to Korea for 15 months. I choose the $6K enlistment bonus. I ended up getting out after my 4 year obligation. But there was no need for a guy to shoot down planes in the civilian world. Well, not in the U.S. anyway LMAO!!!

So, I went back in the Army a year later, but went into the Intelligence field the next go round. Best decision I ever made.

While in Intel I spent 10 years in Germany from 90 to 98 and then again from 05 to 07 (I deployed to Iraq during this stint).

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Ok, I started in 83. Chose Germany as my enlistment option.
Wait...you had an option? Lol
We got to choose our orders at school based on our grades in said school...sorta lol

Best grades got the good shit...but chosen by our instructor lolol...i was number 3...lauged at my buddy who was number 2...until the chief said well son...you"re goij with him...**** lol

Honestly worked out perfect...i always wanted to go the middle east lol...inwas just pissed it was flag duty...i was and still am too mouthy for flag duty lol

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Wait...you had an option? Lol
We got to choose our orders at school based on our grades in said school...sorta lol

Best grades got the good shit...but chosen by our instructor lolol...i was number 3...lauged at my buddy who was number 2...until the chief said well son...you"re goij with him...**** lol

Honestly worked out perfect...i always wanted to go the middle east lol...inwas just pissed it was flag duty...i was and still am too mouthy for flag duty lol
Yeeahti has an enlistment bonus and choice of duty assignment. I chose Europe and Europe and Europe, lol

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Didn't do anything crazy awesome to be honest. Junior Sailor of the Quarter a few times, Senior Sailor a few times, Navy Comm towards the end of my career, 7 Navy Achievements. My Minesweep Crew saved some Iranian's lives one day out in the Arabian Gulf, article about that online. Had a quick article written about me as I ran a team of Mineman building us some Mines. Really nothing too great here. Just doing 21.5 years and retiring is my happy achievement, four trips of 3 years in the Middle East.....club med Bahrain though. Passing Small Arms Instructor School easily was cool as they dropped like flies with about 33% of the class failing out.

Last edited:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Funker530 has a super intense interview with a guy fighting for Ukraine in Chosen Company.

If you ever want to see and feel what PTSD is like and what warfare can do watch this interview.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
I was sent to FT. Polk Louisiana as my first assignment and was then sent to Korea for 15 months. I choose the $6K enlistment bonus. I ended up getting out after my 4 year obligation. But there was no need for a guy to shoot down planes in the civilian world. Well, not in the U.S. anyway LMAO!!!

So, I went back in the Army a year later, but went into the Intelligence field the next go round. Best decision I ever made.

While in Intel I spent 10 years in Germany from 90 to 98 and then again from 05 to 07 (I deployed to Iraq during this stint).
Where at in Germany? I was at baumholder OLD 1ST Armor division now it's the 170th don't miss that shit hole at all

01yellercobra

Established Member
I managed to get out of the military without a tobacco or caffeine addiction. Still not sure how I managed that.

I think really the only cool thing I have was the plane that sunk Sadam's boat was from the squadron I supported. I worked on the radar system for that plane.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Where at in Germany? I was at baumholder OLD 1ST Armor division now it's the 170th don't miss that shit hole at all
Were you a barracks rat by any chance? Where did you go to while in Germany?

I had the rolling stone bug and still do. I went to Germany, east Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, France, in my 3.5 years at Garlstedt Germany as part of 2nd Armored Division. I loved it. I met a young man getting conscripted to serve in the Bundeswehr. His dad owned a cattle farm and a gasthaus. I would work cleaning out stalls and moving cow to the farmers market for free beer, food, and games of chess at the gasthaus.

Users who are viewing this thread