Your dream Cobra engine combo

Elof

Established Member
I`am planing for next season to build a serius engine to my Cobra,and as it says in the title ,what would be your dream engine,(what internals) Shortblock/longblock?
What pistons,crank? I whant to be able to rew 8-9000Rpm.
I whant it to handle 1000-1200hp, and use the new 2,4 KB,Who will build it for you?What company?

Just let your knowledge and creativity free........ ;-)

(dont think about the money)

Elof

GodStang

Established Member
Well right now VT is doing the short block part of my engine. I have not decided on heads or cams yet. I am running the 2.2L KB though.

Elof

Established Member
That sounds great !

Some moore of you that have or will build your dream engine ?

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Well i already have the KB 2.2L and from what i hear the 2.4L is only better in the mid 20 psi range so ill keep my 2.2L

I will probably go with the VT 324 ci shortblock next year with new cams at least, not sure if i want to P&P the stock heads or not.

I would really like to see near 700 RWHP (i have 600 right now) before nitrous. Right now i am working on supporting mods: cooling, drivetrain, suspension, etc. You can have all the power in the world but if you are still running the stock clutch with teh 4x4 suspsion from the factory what good does it do you :)

-Mike

Elof

Established Member
Mike: You can have all the power in the world but if you are still running the stock clutch with teh 4x4 suspsion from the factory what good does it do you

That so true !

Elof

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
oh man, money no object??

heh - i would go aluminum 4.6 block with stroker setup for as many cubes as i could (without going tall deck 5.4) so prolly what 350 cubes or so?

professionally done heads with aftermarket cams

2.4 kenne bell

billet rods, the best pistons for the app

and a tune that would make all that streetable on 91 octane

:smile:

and of course tranny, rear, and chassis upgrades too

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member

My old 342cid, A-4 block, Scat 3.400 billet crank, Oliver 5.400 billet rods, J&E pistons & moly rings, Clevite race bearings, Cam Motion .700+ solid roller camshaft, Polished Vortech X-trim mondo blower. :burnout:

Fast Willy

Established Member
My short block would be Diamond pistons, Oliver billet i beam rods, aluminum block, dont know exact crank, then with ported heads with stage 3 cams and a twin turbo set up. If your looking to make that much power thats the only way to go unless you have a KB 2.4L at like mid 20 something lbs of boost and liek 150 shot of spray.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
RUgoinup? said:
My old 342cid, A-4 block, Scat 3.400 billet crank, Oliver 5.400 billet rods, J&E pistons & moly rings, Clevite race bearings, Cam Motion .700+ solid roller camshaft, Polished Vortech X-trim mondo blower. :burnout:

wow... when dreams become reality huh?

My old 342cid.......
What happened to it, did you go with something new(er) or did you get rid of the car?

-Mike

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Mike K said:
What happened to it, did you go with something new(er) or did you get rid of the car?

-Mike
It's the one in my avatar. I sold it 3 years ago before our daughter was born...we needed the $. :shrug:

Now I have a 1 year old boy as well, but I still managed to pick up a used '03 SB Cobra with 4k miles, one year ago...so things turned out pretty good. :thumbsup:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
That Hyland block sounds like it has potential. Over 6.0 liters! I'd get a wild set of custom cams for what you're talkin RPM wise. But for that power level I'd go turbo. REAL big like a thumper sized unit. Especially in a 6.0+ liter block. I think the KB would be too small for your target hp. Haven't heard of any KB cars over 1000rwhp.

Elof

Established Member
Thanks guys !
It´s so nice to get help from you that have the knowledge,and know what parts that is the best.

Elof

Elof

Established Member
Thanks guys !
It´s so nice to get help from you that have the knowledge,and know what parts that is the best.

Elof

Users who are viewing this thread