Your best kill stories

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
I've had some good races with my car so far. It's a '13 5.0, MT w/ 3.73's & Brembos, stock with 275 Falkens in the back.

First one that comes to mind is my buddy's Kenne Bell 2v, I think it's an '02. Supercharger is small and has a huge pulley, can't be seeing any more than 8 or 9 psi. It's a close race though, I beat him by a car once I get into 5th gear. I'll get a video of it next time I see him. He doesn't really know what's all done to the car because he bought it like it is, but it's definitely a 12 second car.

I've beaten a stock c5 w/ exhaust by like, a buslength. There's a kid who goes to my college with a bolt-on c4 and I've beaten him by a few cars too. Also beat a 350z, kid had "an air filter and a test pipe" on it. :rollseyes

Beaten a C6 GS by a fender. Beat two different stock C5z's from a roll, probably by roughly one car length. They were right there blinding me in my sideview mirror. 3.55's or 3.73's 5.0's w/ standard trans vs. a C5z is actually a VERY good race for those who didn't know. I've had a drink with one of the c5z owners a few times, talked me into going to the strip a while back. First time I ever went. Turns out he beats me by a couple tenths there. He's on 305 Pirellis.

I also got a few deaths. Lol. New CTS-V coupe beat me by 2-3 cars, mods unknown, probably stock. Also randomly saw a friend of a friend at Taco Bell earlier this year and he picked himself up a '13 Roush stage 2 and some nittos. He beats me by a half a car from a roll but he rips me on the holeshot obviously. I also got my ass kicked by a bolt-on/100 shot c5, he beat me by a buslength. Told me he had "bolt-ons." Lol. But that's about it, can't think of any other races I've had. Assorted imports have tried and failed. I don't even know what some of them were.

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
My best kill to date was a 2008 GT500KR (stock I'm assuming) in my bolt-on '04 mystichrome. We only had enough room to do one clean run from 50-100 and I was up by a car.

My most satisfying kill has to be my Boss vs a 2014 Camaro SS. Before the Camaro even saw me he was weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, and just being your typical douche in a new car. Once I caught up I just looked over and let him hear my full exhaust. At that point I thought he'd behave but instead he goes back into speeding and weaving through cars. The Camaro drives out of sight and I just brush the whole thing off but fate has it we line up at a red light a mile or so down the road. The driver is sitting at the light with his music blasting and window halfway down while revving his car. I never launch my car hard off a green light because I don't like to be "that guy" so instead I roll out of first to see if he's gunning for it. Sure enough he takes off and at that point I'm rolling at 5k in first. Before we cross the intersection I dump first and ease into 2nd to avoid spinning the tires. At the top of second I've got a 2 cars on him and in the middle of third gear it's at least a bus. With an earful of my kooks full exhaust and a proper ass kicking he was humbled and stayed behind.

My best death was against a newer 911 GT3. We were both at a turn to get onto the onramp to the free way. He outclassed me in every single part of the race. The 911 had a faster reaction time at the light, took the turn at a higher speed, and dusted me when we hit the straight that merged into two lanes. The only thing my car did better was make noise LOL

Branhammer

Established Member
Nice kills. What year R/T though? There's a big difference. I've absolutely destroyed an older one by trainlengths and I've barely crawled a bumper on a newer one. Both had at least exhaust. I see people posting mid 13's from the Road and Track package bone stock.

It was a brand new 2009, so yeah it was the first year of the R/T's (only came in SRT-8 in 2008). Though I didn't know they had improved that much since then. I run consistent mid-13's with 13.3 being my best so I guess the newer ones would be a lot tougher to beat.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife and I were headed to a cruise when a T/A pulled up. Not certain if it was a WS6 or not. I had boltons and he had tons of stickers for his mods shopping list in his back/side windows. Him and his passenger were laughing and shouting cute convertible and asked if I wanted my ass handed to me. I looked at my wife and she gave me the ok. I dropped to third and we honked it off from 60. I put about 1-2car lengths on him. He pulled back up next to me and wanted another shot, same outcome this time. He didn't pull up next to me, he just stayedin it as I slowed and didn't even look over.

jhonda

Established Member
I thought this was funny. Guy said he was gonna smoke me and all his friends were talking trash. I said nothing but let's go.
[youtube_browser]ICOd1R9FAtk&feature=youtu.be[/youtube_browser]I have since painted it all black. Bought it like that due to price and mileage (26000 miles $11600

Last edited:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Boy, I haven't street raced in a while... was a day when I was young and dumb.

I remember a couple memorable ones...

2nd day of owning the Cobra... pully/exhaust/tune... I got up along an 04 Z06 and gave him a rev, he paid me no mind. I gave him a hard rev and the supercharger made noise. I seen his arm move for the shifter and as soon as he shifted and stomped I did the same. I got a nice steady walk on him and we shut it down. Stopped at the light and he claimed 408 rwhp, modded. I dyno'd 460 at the time. The cream on the cake was, he said he didn't realize it was a supercharged Cobra and that he almost bought one...

A nice memorable one for me was seeing an old Cuda out on the road, I purposely passed him on a two lane highway trying to get by him to take a look at the car. As I came up on him he put his foot down and tried to take off. I did likewise and put a nice hard pull on him. I pulled off up the road and he didn't follow, so I pulled back out and further up the road he stopped. Got to talking to him and he was telling me he just sold the car, and he wanted to get a more modern sports car. He showed me the car, it was a mint Hemi. I was so jealous. I seen him the next year after pulling my car out for the season. He pulled up along me at a light as it was turning green and shouted "This is what the Cuda bought me!!!" then did a weak burnout through the light... in a new Monte Carlo... meh.

Last edited:

4a7191a

Established Member
In my lighting, bed had mulch and goodies from honedepot and a trip to Walmart. Pulled next to a convertible c6 red corvette. Figured old man, his wifey next to him, top down... Nah... He's not going to race. But I was prepared for it non the less. OD off :) He floored it on the green and spun, the lighting dead hooked. Hooray for mulch ;). The trucks side exhaust was right at his drivers side window spewling black horrible smoke all in his face. Kept a few feet on him up to 75ish or so. We caught up to traffic. He looked pissed but not as pissed as his wife did. Wouldn't look over at me for the thumbs up I gave him...typicallld vet dude. :/

Last edited:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Owner of the shop next to ours was doing a little test and tune with his built Termi. I was coming back from a parts run with my daughter's Tempo. Revved at him at the red light and then smoked him to 45. Granted, we had a sudden downpour, and he was lucky to get moving without sliding off into the ditch.

Mystic03

Established Member
long story short....old man in a new c6 Z06 calims no mustang can beat his vette (litterally) so my buddie calls me up askin if i wana run i say "sure!" but the old man will only run for money..so i try to negotiate it without money..but he says "if ima beat a mustang im going to get paid doin it" well ok you're funeral.... so heres the video

[youtube_browser]z5mtn_3xsUI[/youtube_browser]

paluka21

Established Member
long story short....old man in a new c6 Z06 calims no mustang can beat his vette (litterally) so my buddie calls me up askin if i wana run i say "sure!" but the old man will only run for money..so i try to negotiate it without money..but he says "if ima beat a mustang im going to get paid doin it" well ok you're funeral.... so heres the video

[youtube_browser]z5mtn_3xsUI[/youtube_browser]

Very nice. I guess some people like that old man don't understand there is an aftermarket available, given his statement "no mustang" can beat his vette comment. Ignorant people make me laugh.
On a side note, back in the day I used to have my fun with the '95 and people who would instigate races with me. 690+rwhp and only 3300lbs torched it's fair share of cars in the day.

Mystic03

Established Member
Very nice. I guess some people like that old man don't understand there is an aftermarket available, given his statement "no mustang" can beat his vette comment. Ignorant people make me laugh.
On a side note, back in the day I used to have my fun with the '95 and people who would instigate races with me. 690+rwhp and only 3300lbs torched it's fair share of cars in the day.

ya it amazes me the midset of these people...before the race i kindly greeted him but you can tell he was so brand loyal and did not wana even give me the time of day..made me lol walking back to my car knowing he is going to get F'd in the butt

woodzusa

Established Member
Not that much of a great kill but one that made me poop my pants a little.

1993-ish (high school). I had a 1984 TA with the 305 and auto trans. Guy in my class had a 1980 (maybe) Firebird. I cant remember what engine he had. Either way both our cars were slow by today standards.

Anyway leaving school , he gets on my a$$ and just keeps goosing his engine. He gets beside on a 2 lane road and wants to race. So we both gun it. Unfortunately , we forgot that the road T's. So I slam on my brakes and that is when I first became aware of the term DRIFT. I got lucky and cut the 90 degree corner. Him. Not so much. He shoots straight into a barb wired fence.

I think I won the race , but damn I felt bad for him running of the road.

Many a lesson learned that day.

Users who are viewing this thread