Your average work day?

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
Was just wondering what your weekdays look like. I`ve been busting my ass lately and I want to see other peoples misery to make my self feel better. :)

I`m taking 16 credits worth of college courses starting at 8am, and ending at 3pm, then I have work as a part time manager for UPS from 5pm to around 11-11:30. Then like a moron I stay up too late, and repeat the process Mon-Fri. I start work on Saturdays soon, I have to be in @ 6:00am, and I get out around 4. Its not all that bad, but when you factor in schoolwork, and a social life, and dating, I probably get 4 hours of alone time a week, I think im going crazy. It seems like having the time to shave, and sit on the couch for 30 minutes is a blessing nowadays. Lets start an svtperformance lottery pool, and win.

KnightHawks97

Objects N Mirror R Losing
Established Member
Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh - after that I sorta space out for an hour. Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

/office space

BTW, I also worked the twilight shift at a UPS hub while I was doing undergrad.:beer: Keep it up, believe it or not, you'll miss those days after you graduate.

supachargd2k5

Established Member
I work from 7-5 Monday-Friday and try and make it a habbit not too stay out too late until the weekend comes. Then i have Saturday and Sunday to do whatever i want unless i want to put in more overtime.

convert03cobra

Established Member
I work full time and go to school full time. I have a government job so I do have a lot of down time that helps with the tons of homework I have to do. I'm so glad I finish my BS in December! This working full time going to school full time is killing me. I can't even remember what a social life was like.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I wake up at 6:00am, leave for job #1 at 7:00am, get to work at 8:00am, work till 2:00pm, get home and eat something around 3:00pm, leave to go to job #2 at 3:30pm, get there at 4:00pm, work till about 9:30pm, get home at 10:00pm and relax.

That about sums it up for Mon-Fri.

chicken714

NKAWTG
Established Member
I haven't had a typical day in 7 months. I fly all over the world and when I land I fix the jet and put gas on it. When I finally get back to my hotel room I have to find the pilot to find out when we are leaving in the morning then I set my alarm and drink myself into oblivion. Repeat. When I am at home I spend as much time as I can doing stuff I need to at home before finding out I won't get all my time off I'm owed before I have to go somewhere else. I love it.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
I pretty much do nothing all day and get paid well for it. And leave early every day.

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
18 credit hours (8-3 M-F and 6-9 M and T), 31 hours a week working (W-F 4-9 and 8's on weekends), girlfriend, studying, sleep.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Normal day is 845-730 and an hour for lunch. On slow days I stand at my desk and cruise the internet when the boss is there.

When he's not there we watch HD Movies on the 40 inch LCD all day. Thank you DVR.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
this is my last semester, and i set my schedule up so that i only have class on tuesday and thursday from 9:30-3:20

I deal at an underground poker game, my hours there are ~3 days a week from 9pm-4am

My "other job" is playing online poker, my sessioning schedule is not set....but i generally try to put in atleast 2hrs a day and 4 or 5 on sundays

better than flippin burgers....

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I work "4/10's".

Tuesday to Friday. My current project team has a lot of gaps in between projects currently, so I usually end up surfing the net most of the day, which I personally can't stand, so I usually end up leaving early. My "10-hour days" end up being being around 5-7 hour days. I can also come in at anytime, as long as it is before noon.

When there are projects however, I have been known to stay as late as 3:00 AM working on a problem I didn't want to leave behind. So far, I have been 100% early in all my projects, and often weeks early, which is why I have such leeway with my schedule.

I'll be starting on a new team soon [+ raise :coolman:] which will have me "coming in" 5 days a week, BUT one day a week, I will be allowed to telecommute.

Hope that made ya feel better. :shrug:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Up at 5:00am. Shower, shave, dress, breakfast.

Half the time drive to airport or client site for meetings or presentations. This may involve leaving Sunday evening at 4:30pm to be another city for work starting Monday morning.

Plant day starts at 6:30am, ends at 6:30pm; office day starts at 8:00am, ends at 5:00pm

When not traveling, conduct meetings, conferences from home office using telephone and WebEx

When not actively on site or in meetings, I am preparing / reviewing materials for site visit / meetings. Work typically lasts until 7:30pm (or whenever I run out of steam).

When on site, I leave site Friday afternoon at 4:00pm to catch 5-6pm flight home. About 20% of time, flight is delayed / canceled, so I don't get home until late Friday or mid-day Saturday.

JasonSnake

Established Member
currently work at a gov't job too, working 8 to 5 and only taking one class this semester since the other classes I have to take were not available at night time. Working daytime really slows education down.

Working on ways to work on my own

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
8-5 M-F, then 4 nights out of the week I work anywhere from 5-8 hours late at night.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
currently i work for my dad. most the time, 8-5 monday - fridays, sometime saturdays if i have too. my job isn't what you would say hard, you guy's would prolly classify it as a easy as hell job, but i hate it.

im looking at schooling or joining a union.

im working actually as i write this....lol :p

txyaloo

Established Member
traktrbeam said:
I pretty much do nothing all day and get paid well for it. And leave early every day.

Man that sound exactly like my day. Get in when I want, leave when I want, and watch my Slingbox/play online games the rest of the time. Government jobs are awesome!

svt99rag

Established Member
My previous job was cake. My current job i sit on my ass in a little office for 12 to 14 hours a day at my computer, and try not to doze off all day long. Get up for work at 430am and usually get home around 8pm, no spare time for much of a social life.

Users who are viewing this thread