Young drivers

snakevenom99

Shenanigans
Established Member
Why is it that most adults assume that I can't handle my car? The first comment upon seeing my car are usually: "nice car" followed by "how many tickets" and my favorite "how many wrecks have you been in." I know that they have just cause for they're comments, but being stereo-typed as a fast and the furious wanna be every where I go wears on my nerves. The other day while taking my girlfriend out to eat, a fine patron of the stop light I'm at yells out, "Your going to kill your self in that thing." All the while he is on his cell phone, and was driving with one hand on the wheel, and his kid standing up in the back seat. Oh well, so is life for a stereo-typical seveteen year old. Ah, I fell better now. -John

RRTX

Established Member
I don't think it matters what age you are, if you drive a high performance car people are gonna ask you how many tickets you've gotten in it lol

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Yea but he has got a point when I was younger all the techs at work just loved to break my BALLS ! One of the reasons i got into autocrossing, Ice racing, and drag racing was to prove myself... to myself 1st but also to silence the sceptics.

snakevenom99

Shenanigans
Established Member
No, I dont drive crazy. But I drive in auto-x events sometimes, and people hear this and assume that must mean that I drive retarded. But, I am just ranting so I'll stop now. -John

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
I feel u snakevenom99 im 16 and getting my license ins november, the 12th and soo many people are saying how i cant handle a high performance car, just until recently i use to think i can handle any car, just take it easy and dont do stupid shit, but shit happends. My dad had his mind set on buying me my cobra in a month or so, but i told him i dont feel right in a cobra ( my friend killed him self in 1 not to long ago) just cuz people telling me i would kill my self. After a while you begin to belive that crap, but id rather not take chances.

But anywayz i feel u man im 16, and i drive good i know that for a fact! I might do stupid shit once in a while but hey dosent everybody do stupid shit?

Hey by the way how much and were did you get your cobra for?

quickcarsrus

BANNED MORON
im 16 and getting my license when ever i feel like getting it lol, im looking in to find a new mustang gt or cobra offa car lot, but was gonna get a 1991-92 mustang lx and they think im not gonna be able to handle 225 hp :D , well nice car you got " 99 cobra " with 320 hp thats a bad booger, well dont worry about them people just tell em u get to many compliments and thanks for yours lol, well ttyl :beer:

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
When I was 16 (Feels like yesterday...No Realy...I'm 30 now) My fist car was a 1985 Chrysler TC3...(3 door look like a Chrysler Charger 2.5l)
Got it for $25....Then I got My first STANG at 17....1965 That is...Now you tell me if people didn't BUST MY "BALLS". And I lived in NYC at the time....Those were the DAYS....Ahhh fast cars and fast GIRLS...That car got me so Much Pu..........pull overs (Wife looking over shoulder)......

I still have that car...the 65 Mustang....Going to wait till my son is older...hes 3 now....wait till 8 or 10 before I redue it......

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
anyone that knows me knows that i race my dads cobra. they probably also know that i drive a 1971 Datsun 510, with a whoppin 120 hp...

so when they find out dad lets me drive the cobra...oh, are you sure you can handle all that power?...my reply, um yeah, considering in my last auto-x event i placed 3rd and i currently have the fastest time in the car, and i have done a nasa hpde class, i'm pretty sure i can handle it...

sure there is a sterotype for teens, but its just a sterotype. there are and always will be exceptions to sterotypes.

btw, when ever i say datsun, and them explain that its a nissan, the first question i get is...do you have those cool clear taillights? :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: just kill me right then and there...

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Tony_Montana87
I feel u snakevenom99 im 16 and getting my license ins november, the 12th and soo many people are saying how i cant handle a high performance car, just until recently i use to think i can handle any car, just take it easy and dont do stupid shit, but shit happends. My dad had his mind set on buying me my cobra in a month or so, but i told him i dont feel right in a cobra ( my friend killed him self in 1 not to long ago) just cuz people telling me i would kill my self. After a while you begin to belive that crap, but id rather not take chances.

But anywayz i feel u man im 16, and i drive good i know that for a fact! I might do stupid shit once in a while but hey dosent everybody do stupid shit?

Hey by the way how much and were did you get your cobra for?

But you have already proven to everyone on this board that you are a complete idiot. Stupid shit as in, romp on it and almost jump a curb in a residential neighborhood, talk about hot wiring your parents car?? :shrug: :burn:

RRTX

Established Member
I agree, you couldn't handle an expedition, who knows what damage you could cause in something high performance :bash:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by snakevenom99
Why is it that most adults assume that I can't handle my car? The first comment upon seeing my car are usually: "nice car" followed by "how many tickets" and my favorite "how many wrecks have you been in." I know that they have just cause for they're comments, but being stereo-typed as a fast and the furious wanna be every where I go wears on my nerves. The other day while taking my girlfriend out to eat, a fine patron of the stop light I'm at yells out, "Your going to kill your self in that thing." All the while he is on his cell phone, and was driving with one hand on the wheel, and his kid standing up in the back seat. Oh well, so is life for a stereo-typical seveteen year old. Ah, I fell better now. -John

Word.:nonono:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by snakevenom99

It's called life and growing up and you are right, they do have just cause to stereotype you. Just look at Rebel and TonyMontana. :bored:

snakevenom99

Shenanigans
Established Member
Mostly I was speaking of having a mustang, this makes everyone thinks I'm going to run over their dog or something. I haven't been in an accident or got any tickets (knocking on wood rapidly). My point was basically that all the horrible dangerous teen drivers out there makes me automatically a bad driver, so what ever.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread