You'll never believe what I saw this morning on the way to work...

ayo232

Established Member
^^ post the picture OP.

you're just aiding someone that could kill someone. next time, he's drunk and kills/hurts someone... i hope you read about it in the newspaper feel like shit.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Hey i have seen it with my own eyes several time, I dont want any drunk drivers on the road. I have children and it worries me to death, but i can tell you right now if I was back in NC where i grew up and got pulled for a DUI I would be let go as well. The reason I say this is because i have been told several times by the officers I grew up with(some are with city police, some with sherrifs dept and some were with the beach police) Everyone one of them said you ever get pulled drop my name and we will tow you home and give you a ride. Not to mention a couple of guys i know already named dropped and yep they were taken home, no DUI.. Im not saying some cops arent good and wont bust others... but if you think that is the majority you are crazy. I have lived in 6 different states and probably a dozen police depts and virtually every one of them I have seen let people go.
Just like what happened to that guy posting above.
Hell my dumbass nephew got 2 DUIs in NC and had to get an in car breathalizer. He then went and got his SC license and then got another DUI. Then moved to Jacksonville FL and they MADE him remove his breathalizer and send it back to some place in NC that installed it. Then he got another one in jacksonville but they dont pull the priors from NC and now on driving again with no license loss.. Sometimes it seems like a lost cause.
I hate the fact my kids will be on the roads with these idiots.

since i have had my license i have only encountered one drunk driver and it was a older woman in a beat up mini van here in orlando. me and my friend were driving next to her and she swerved in my lane and i had to slam on the brakes resulting in my friend spilling his favorited MTN dew all over my carpet :( so i wrote down the license plate number and gave it to a cop i saw about 5 mins later and when he radio'd it he informed me that she had just been pulled over :) btw i am just about to turn 18 and your post reminds me of my mother :) always fearing for me when i'm on the road :beer:

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
jimjeffords, in no way am I slamming you, but that will not happen if I pull you. Yeah, another LEO would like to think they can get that ride home or let go and Im sure it happens. But I will say it again, any officer that gives a da#m about his or her job should do the right thing.
There are so many things that can be brought up IF that LEO is caught and runs his/her mouth about getting let off previously. I, myself might be on the lower % that would do my job, but Id like to think there are a greater number that would follow through

jimjeffords

Established Member
jimjeffords, in no way am I slamming you, but that will not happen if I pull you. Yeah, another LEO would like to think they can get that ride home or let go and Im sure it happens. But I will say it again, any officer that gives a da#m about his or her job should do the right thing.
There are so many things that can be brought up IF that LEO is caught and runs his/her mouth about getting let off previously. I, myself might be on the lower % that would do my job, but Id like to think there are a greater number that would follow through

Hey no problem man I didnt take it that way at all. As you can see I have the same concerns as you. But these officers I am speaking of were from the beach police, city and county and several of them were very very high ranking. Heck it doesnt even have to be another officer. I have personally seen 3 different officers kids get caught drinking and driving under the age of 21. They were all actually 18 or under. It was about 10 years ago, but the other cops that pulled the kids, all different officers, different areas of town and everyone one of them gave the kids a ride home and in one case just left the car on the side of the road and the other two got a tow service. Hell a guy i went to high school with that was a sheriffs dep was patrolling for a high school game, busted a kid with some pot and when i pulled up at the game I saw Dave(deputy) and a few other deputies and his exact words were "ill bet this will make your dick hard" and handed me the bag of pot.... No kidding.. Right in front of the other deputies and they just laughed, one was an ex pro football player(sorry cant give the name ;) So they arent only letting other cops off the hook but they are also letting their teenage kids and friends off too. But with this said in your reference as to if they really want to keep their job, all of these incidents were total common knowledge around the station etc.. Like joked about.
And again i commend you for helping protect my children.. I dont want these morons on the road drunk. My daughter is 15 with her permit and man I tell you it really ads alot of stress. I am now living in Florida and low and behold a lady i supervise in my IT Dept, her husband is an officer down here and she tell me all the time how the officers let other officers off the hook with drugs, DUI, their kids with drugs and duis etc.. So yea like you were saying you are one of the few and proud for sure and I
I have done alot of dumb things but I can assure you the one I never did was drive drunk.. Keep it up ! But dont be a hipocrit. If you truly bust other cops for it make sure you dont do those things yourself.

Last edited:

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Jim, Im with you bud. Those officers are putting more than their rep on the line as "being cool" with it. If thats the choice they make nothing anyone can do about it, but I know how much there is to lose, and so do they. The difference is "they" think they are better than you or I, which is the mentality of the lower percentage[ I hope] of the LEO that have to do the right thing and uphold the law as they are sworn to do.
Of course this is "gossip" which makes people talk, as in what the co-workers husband. I have a 2 1/2 year old and 2 year old. A great wife with a great home and I busted my arse to get where Im at. Nothing, I mean nothing is worth losing that and putting their welfare in jeopardy.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
It wouldnt matter if he did. If you are a cop or related to a cop you get out of it.
I have had friends that are cops get busted, their kids get busted etc.. and they just give them a ride home. No charges or anything. Seen it happen at least a dozen times in several different states..

Being an officer that has had the unfortunate job of arresting another LEO for DUI, I can tell you that you couldnt know less about what you are talking about. Maybe where you are, but we dont play like that in AL

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
:bs: but I would think that removing some that is swerving etc. on the road and imposing potential harm to other people would be the best course of action anyway [regardless of DUI charge or not]. I don't really believe the story anyway but...this is headed to smackdown most likely.

I could believe it... :shrug:A couple years ago my brother was following an undercover police car and the cop was throwing beer cans out the window and swerving allover the road... my brother DID call 911 and report the plate, and the dispatcher said "uh, are you sure about this? that plate is registered to an undercover police car"

To make long story short, nothing happened and he was not pulled over for DUI

Not saying all officers can get away with a DUI, but sometimes they do and sometimes they dont get away with breaking the law...

jimjeffords

Established Member
xsoutherngun89x
I have no reason to BS you man. I have been there and seen it with my own eyes. I have watched my friends that are cops get out of it and on several occasions. It is all about who you know etc.. That i can assure you. Again maybe not where you live but a couple of places I have lived it happens. You guys on her eknow what is funny. The other guy on here that is a cop (fiveohpoepoe) we just discovered we know each other and have since we were 5 years old and we graduated high school a year apart but just havent run into each other since .. He grew up in NC where I am speaking of and he actually knows several of the cops I spoke of.. Just ask him haha what a small world !!

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I could believe it... :shrug:A couple years ago my brother was following an undercover police car and the cop was throwing beer cans out the window and swerving allover the road... my brother DID call 911 and report the plate, and the dispatcher said "uh, are you sure about this? that plate is registered to an undercover police car"

Sorry, that statement is BS. A 9-1-1 operator is not going to tell a caller that a slick plated car is U.C., as that gets officers killed. That operator would quickly lose her job.

If it were that easy, drug dealers would be calling 9-1-1 all day long. :shrug:

rubber duck

Established Member
Sorry, that statement is BS. A 9-1-1 operator is not going to tell a caller that a slick plated car is U.C., as that gets officers killed. That operator would quickly lose her job.

No kidding. Would you like the officer's home address also?

Last edited:

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
xsoutherngun89x
I have no reason to BS you man. I have been there and seen it with my own eyes. I have watched my friends that are cops get out of it and on several occasions. It is all about who you know etc.. That i can assure you. Again maybe not where you live but a couple of places I have lived it happens. You guys on her eknow what is funny. The other guy on here that is a cop (fiveohpoepoe) we just discovered we know each other and have since we were 5 years old and we graduated high school a year apart but just havent run into each other since .. He grew up in NC where I am speaking of and he actually knows several of the cops I spoke of.. Just ask him haha what a small world !!

I meant no offense and after reading my post seemed a little aggressive. It was not meant that way. I understand completely what you are saying but just know that it doesnt always happen that way. Its unfortunate and makes us look bad, but no person is above the law, including the ones who enforce it :thumbsup:

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
I meant no offense and after reading my post seemed a little aggressive. It was not meant that way. I understand completely what you are saying but just know that it doesnt always happen that way. Its unfortunate and makes us look bad, but no person is above the law, including the ones who enforce it :thumbsup:

Exactly!:beer:

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member

Agreed. And in Florida a UC tag will come back "no record found" and automatically generates an email sent to the registered agency. Our bureau Major and the Sheriff both get one.

Users who are viewing this thread