You'll never believe what I saw this morning on the way to work...

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
So I got behind a sheriff from a neighboring county. He was going 45 in a 55. He started swerving back and forth real fast in his lane and hitting the brakes real fast like twice a second totally screwing around. As I went to pass him, I looked over and he was taking a huge swig out of a miller lite beer can. I took a pic of the back of his car with the plate but I'm not planning on snitchin or anything like that. Discuss.

Last edited:

Krwy

Established Member
Dude you didn't report that?! WTF is wrong with you? What if he killed someone and you could have prevented it.

jimjeffords

Established Member
It wouldnt matter if he did. If you are a cop or related to a cop you get out of it.
I have had friends that are cops get busted, their kids get busted etc.. and they just give them a ride home. No charges or anything. Seen it happen at least a dozen times in several different states..

Defknotzero

Established Member
It wouldnt matter if he did. If you are a cop or related to a cop you get out of it.
I have had friends that are cops get busted, their kids get busted etc.. and they just give them a ride home. No charges or anything. Seen it happen at least a dozen times in several different states..

+1. Although there was this one time a local sgt was driving home drunk as **** and got pulled over by a patrol car. The officer took him back to the station and booked him as if he was anyone else that was drunk. Dude had balls.

SNCBOOM

Established Member

:bs: but I would think that removing some that is swerving etc. on the road and imposing potential harm to other people would be the best course of action anyway [regardless of DUI charge or not]. I don't really believe the story anyway but...this is headed to smackdown most likely.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member

Depends on who pulled him over.

Trooper: Deputy locked in dog cage after DUI stop - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Trooper: Deputy locked in dog cage after DUI stop
Posted: Feb 03, 2010 4:20 PM EST
Updated: Feb 04, 2010 7:40 AM EST
BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A Tennessee sheriff's deputy arrested on a drunken driving charge wound up in a dog house before he was taken to the big house. The Kingsport Times-News reported the details of a Tennessee Highway Patrol arrest report, which said 47-year-old Samuel Monroe Bledsoe was kicking the windows of a trooper's cruiser on his way to a hospital for a blood test.

The report said Bledsoe was then locked inside the cruiser's K-9 cage for his safety.

Trooper David Osborne said in the report that Bledsoe performed poorly during a field sobriety test - even after it was explained to Bledsoe 18 times.

The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office later fired Bledsoe.

Bledsoe was free Wednesday on $1,500 bond. A message left at a phone number listed for Bledsoe was not immediately returned.

SuperG

Established Member
I personally know 2 officers fired for drinking and driving their scquad car...Always make the call, however, be prepared to be involved...

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I personally know 2 officers fired for drinking and driving their scquad car...Always make the call, however, be prepared to be involved...

Yea that's the thing. I don't want any drama with a popo. Also, a bunch of years ago I was speeding on the way home from a bar and got flicked. The popo said although I was alright, he knew I was drinking and could totally ruin my life. Instead, he called a tow truck and they towed my car home and gave me a ride. They only charged me $40.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Its probably the opinions being stated and the few that are "take care of" by fellow LEO. For the most part, if leo is pulled on or off duty and enough to charge with DWI/DUI, its going to happen.
If LEO are dumb enough to do this crap they should be locked up and treated the same as any other person. By that, I mean they obviously know better and should suffer the samething.
By not calling it in or thinking the LEO might not get charged is a chance you would take, but there are several cases I know of where one was arrested, charged and prosecuted. they lost their job, paid all the fines and now who knows or cares what they are doing. Some think they are above the law because they wear a badge, but in my 15+ years that does not give LEO any excuse.
A Sgt with the NCSHP was charged last year for DWI. He had less than a year until full retirement. Touch sh!t imo.
I also dont think by being involved[subpoenaed to court] you would NOT suffer any effects from being a concerned,law abiding citizen.

Last edited:

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
^I agree. If someone is stupid enough to get behind the wheel and ruin their career then so be it. We just had a city dectective arrested by his own police agency and resigned the following week.
I had to make an arrest for DWI this past November with an off duty deputy from a neighboring state. Still going on with the prosecution part of it in the next coming months.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
They pull over citizens because they could kill someone...they are NOT above the law and do not treat them as such.

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
^I agree. If someone is stupid enough to get behind the wheel and ruin their career then so be it. We just had a city dectective arrested by his own police agency and resigned the following week.
I had to make an arrest for DWI this past November with an off duty deputy from a neighboring state. Still going on with the prosecution part of it in the next coming months.

Are you catching any hell within the department for that one? Not that i disagree with you.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
I would totally report him. A regular person or a cop. Drunk drivers on the road need to be taken off the road, before they take someone else off the road accidentally.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
For any LEO to show favoritism to any other LEO in that type of situation or any crime is putting their own neck out. I will not say "I am sorry". I have a family and a career that no one putting themselves in that type of event is worthy of me losing it. I have worked too long and too hard to get where I,m at.

jimjeffords

Established Member
Hey i have seen it with my own eyes several time, I dont want any drunk drivers on the road. I have children and it worries me to death, but i can tell you right now if I was back in NC where i grew up and got pulled for a DUI I would be let go as well. The reason I say this is because i have been told several times by the officers I grew up with(some are with city police, some with sherrifs dept and some were with the beach police) Everyone one of them said you ever get pulled drop my name and we will tow you home and give you a ride. Not to mention a couple of guys i know already named dropped and yep they were taken home, no DUI.. Im not saying some cops arent good and wont bust others... but if you think that is the majority you are crazy. I have lived in 6 different states and probably a dozen police depts and virtually every one of them I have seen let people go.
Just like what happened to that guy posting above.
Hell my dumbass nephew got 2 DUIs in NC and had to get an in car breathalizer. He then went and got his SC license and then got another DUI. Then moved to Jacksonville FL and they MADE him remove his breathalizer and send it back to some place in NC that installed it. Then he got another one in jacksonville but they dont pull the priors from NC and now on driving again with no license loss.. Sometimes it seems like a lost cause.
I hate the fact my kids will be on the roads with these idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread