You will win

GT00STANG17

Established Member
So my buddy just got a new car and he wants to run me. I wanna know who yall think will win.
My car 2000 Mustang GT 5spd
Mods jlt rai, bbk o/r x pipe and MAC exhaust.

His car 2011 VW Gti manual
stock

he is talking mad shit saying he can beat me with out trying and im wanting to know if he is BSing or is it true

JDWhite98GT

Established Member
From a dig you got it, 2nd gear rolls you should be ok, 3rd gear roll be cautious that 2.0 T has got some nasty top end.

DaBigBone

Established Member
It will be a close one from a dig but the top end in that turbo will get you.

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
I hope you guys are joking....

2011 GTI's run high 14's @ 95 and are rated 200hp at the crank. You should be in the high 13's @ 100+.

Let him keep talking, then give him an ego check

GT00STANG17

Established Member
OK so if i keep to a dig to low roll i should beable to beat him im trying to get him to race me today or sometime this weekend. It should be fun don't really care if i win i know mustangs ain't the fastest thing on the road i do it just for the fun of it

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
GTI...dont get mad but your car is not really fast

Why would you even say that? Was he acting like he had the fastest car in the world? Or acting like he should crush the GTI?

Don't be a dick dude.

But from paper racing you should take the win. One of my friends just got one and it's pretty quick but I didn't feel like it was mustang gt quick.

OhIIICobra

Established Member

2011 GTI's run high 14's @ 95 and are rated 200hp at the crank. You should be in the high 13's @ 100+.

100+ in the quarter with his mods on the GT:??:...not likely. 96-97 probably. 14.5 maybe.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
With my bone stock down to the filter 99 GT, I ran 14.2@100 with a crappy 2.2 60 foot.
Can the GTI do that?

With your mods, I'd say you'll be ahead, especially from a dig.

GT00STANG17

Established Member
Yeah from what im getting i think i can beat him because i think me having more seat time in my car i got the advantage knowing my car better. Also i found out that it's his first standard car so i think i should take him but we will see

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
IDK if there is any difference between and mkv gti and mkvi gti, but i absolutely raped a fart can 07 gti. Got him by maybe four+ lengths from a dig to 120...

GSRGuy94

Irunelevens
Established Member

Exactly what I was thinking :??:
100+ in the quarter with his mods on the GT:??:...not likely. 96-97 probably. 14.5 maybe.

What do you think a stock 5spd PI GT traps? Cuz it's usually 99-100mph stock.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
from a dig you will edge him out. He wont have enough road to catch back up.

Roll, he will probably take it. He has a more linear powerband and unlike a 99-04 GT, he actually has power past 5k rpm. Plus 6spd and those GTi's are pretty light.

Dont let these small motors and FWD fool you. the 1.8t and 2.0t are stout performers. My girls 02' Jetta 1.8t surprises even me sometimes, peppy little ****ing car, it spools if you fart in the wrong direction and is insanely torquey (due to the small turbo characteristics of it). I had a neighbor with a 1.8t Beetle, boltons+tune and id say it would easily put my GST away, and if my GST was running more than stock boost on this 14b (put me at 240-250 crank hp) it would still be close.

who cares about track times, especially if theyre running on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread