You Spot Two Guys Racing. Who Do You Bust?

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
I would always suggest pulling over the loser.:D I was caught trying to evade the police when I was 18 in my 68 Camaro and paid dearly for it. I lost my car, My license for 6 month's and had huge fines. The worst part was that my Insurance went sky high. I was paying $350 a month for insurance on my 93 Mustang when I got my license back.

I will sat that I have learned my lesson from this in some ways. I lost a car I loved(And Still do), And some serious money on insurance until I turned 25.

My attitude these days is like this.....................................
I would rather race at the track then on the street. I also drive like someone's Grandmother on a daily basis. I have had no speeding tickets since that incident wich was over 8 years ago now.

With that said, I still don't have the disapline(sp?) to not race someone if they egg me on and no other cars are in the immediate area. If pursued by the police for any reason I will run if it looks to be in my favor. The reason for that is my insurance will drop me if I obtain 1 speeding ticket with this car. As stated in my recent story in the Kills section, I outran one on Friday and got away. I do not suggest that anyone do what I do. If getting a speeding ticket didn't interfere with my insurance I would pull over in a heartbeat.

Razor.

Poseidon

You want some?
Established Member
how about when you're going only 2 miles per hour over the speed limit and some officer pulls you over... then seconds the ticket because you were just in an accident and your brand new 03 Mustang GT has a headlight out... Yes... this happened to me today. I got pulled over twice. Once for 5 over and once for 2 over... both wrote me up for the headlight despite showing the second officer the ticket fromt eh first... One was Michigan county, the other was State. State was the one that wouldn't belive my ticket. I gotta go fight these now...

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by Poseidon
how about when you're going only 2 miles per hour over the speed limit and some officer pulls you over... then seconds the ticket because you were just in an accident and your brand new 03 Mustang GT has a headlight out... Yes... this happened to me today. I got pulled over twice. Once for 5 over and once for 2 over... both wrote me up for the headlight despite showing the second officer the ticket fromt eh first... One was Michigan county, the other was State. State was the one that wouldn't belive my ticket. I gotta go fight these now...

Ahh yes, the wonderful world of Michigan police. Just might be in your area too, cuz the county and state boys up here are actually pretty cool.
For example: the county guy coulda hella ownaged me when I got busted for the 80/55 ticket. Dropped it down to 70/55, what did this save me? 25 over, which also equates to a reckless driving ticket, 3 points is better then 6 + whatever 25 over gets me

Rico

I have several encounters where I cruising along in my 2000 Ford Ranger and had two Oregon State Troopers pass me and not even give me a look and I was doing between 75-80 over a mountain pass. When I got down the road I thought I would see them somewhere like at an accident but when I got into a little town they were just sitting there?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by Poseidon

You were still 2 miles per hour over the posted limit :)

Headlight; usually if you can prove you replaced it, they will drop it. Consult the appropriate prosecutors in asking them to decline one or the other.

Again, still doing 5 mph over. :)

GSTSpyder

Established Member
well on the flipside, my neighbor got a ticket (shes like 70) for going 30 in a 35 because she was 'disrupting the flow of traffic'. I Love it. bout time they did sumn about blue hairs makin us all late to work.

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Originally posted by GSTSpyder
well on the flipside, my neighbor got a ticket (shes like 70) for going 30 in a 35 because she was 'disrupting the flow of traffic'. I Love it. bout time they did sumn about blue hairs makin us all late to work.

I like to call them "Q-Tips" Myself.:lol:

Razor.

Users who are viewing this thread