You really can "DENT" longtube headers and not have any loss...

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Sledge hammer anyone????

[youtube_browser]azPKIjxmmdU[/youtube_browser]

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
No one is more fitting for the use of a BFH than Freiburger, man I love those guys. If only my personalized wishes would come true, it would be a dish/cable package of nothing but Motor trend channel, NFL, and NCAA football.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
This will make BBK VERY HAPPY....:lol1:

First thought that popped into my head too! That damn kink for the steering rack. Haha!

I'd imagine with forced induction the denting would have a much greater effect.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
First thought that popped into my head too! That damn kink for the steering rack. Haha!

I'd imagine with forced induction the denting would have a much greater effect.

Everytime I pull a new set out of the box and look at the steering rack clearanced pipe crimped all to hell I laugh... Lots of people bring them to the shop to be installed, i guess you can't argue with the price..:D

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
I think this shows more that the headers on that engine were larger than they needed to be in the first place.

Considering the rpm and engine displacement, a 1 5/8" primary tube would've been fine. I bet you wouldn't have seen much of a bit with 1 1/2" primary tube header.

Many people run too large a header and make similar mistakes on exhaust pipes as well.

Case in point, hellcat engines make 700hp using 2 3/4" exhaust tubing. I bet it could make a little more with larger tubing but my point is, it already makes 700 thru "small" tubes. Any car guy using the engine in the video wouldn't think twice about 3" exhaust. Reality is that 2.5" would be just fine.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I hammered one tube on a LS car and dyno'd it on two separate occasions. Put down identical numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread