You have 6k to spend

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
So there's a bearing loose and the car isn't drivable. It's income tax time and I should be getting around 6k or more but for now I'll keep it at 6k. The car is a 5spd with UPR o/r X, MAC cat back, built rear with 4.10s.

With 6k what would you do to the car and labor will be added because I can't do it myself. Just me dreaming but I want forged rods and pistons, comp cams 106100s, teksid block, "used" procharger kit, aluminum driveshaft, Cai, MAF, fuel system, and a tune (obviously). Like I said A man can dream lol.

Edit- I'm sure some of you will ask what I want to do with the car or my goals. Well if I can swing all those mods I listed(highly unlikely) then my goal is 550+rwhp. Without the procharger kit it's more like 350. It's my DD and I will race it at the strip, so I want a fun street strip car.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Get a procharger kit (Used D1sc kit with an upgraded procharger intercooler), supporting mods (MAF, injectors, BOV), headers/offroad x pipe, and a return-style fuel system. Also, I would get lowering springs, and rear lower/upper control arms.

Thats what I would do. I'm sure there are a few other things you would need, but that is the majority of it.

If you were in MI, i'd be down to help you out!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
build the motor. After that take a paycheck and get a nitrous kit then save for a turbo....

03MachAB

Established Member
Build the motor and get that car drive able. Then with what's left figure out what ya can still get!

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Get a procharger kit (Used D1sc kit with an upgraded procharger intercooler), supporting mods (MAF, injectors, BOV), headers/offroad x pipe, and a return-style fuel system. Also, I would get lowering springs, and rear lower/upper control arms.

Thats what I would do. I'm sure there are a few other things you would need, but that is the majority of it.

If you were in MI, i'd be down to help you out!

None of that would do much good with a spun bearing, unless he wanted to put a window in his block.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
None of that would do much good with a spun bearing, unless he wanted to put a window in his block.

lol

A "forged" motor is not going to do anyone any good of you don't have the proper supporting mods. If you have a 1000hp motor but only have a 400hp fuel system. Your forged motor will be useless.

Supporting mods are just as important as the larger mods.

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
used d1sc, budget bottom end, stock top end, simple fuel mods = 500rwhp
might run you a tad over 6k

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Crappy gear ratio, heavier, and OD isn't better than Mach's 5th gear.

Depending on power adder, Stronger, Both O/D are within .01 of each other.

Build motor and see what you have left from there. Atleast you can drive it then save for power adder and fuel setup.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
lol

A "forged" motor is not going to do anyone any good of you don't have the proper supporting mods. If you have a 1000hp motor but only have a 400hp fuel system. Your forged motor will be useless.

Supporting mods are just as important as the larger mods.

You're right, jimbob. He should take his money and buy a procharger, 1000hp fuel system, full exhaust and then pay someone to install all of it on his engine that has a spun bearing. :bored:

OP- get yourself a stout shortblock and when funds come back up get the blower and supporting items.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
You're right, jimbob. He should take his money and buy a procharger, 1000hp fuel system, full exhaust and then pay someone to install all of it on his engine that has a spun bearing. :bored:

OP- get yourself a stout shortblock and when funds come back up get the blower and supporting items.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread