You guys know anything about on3performance?

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
All you need to know about on3 kit. For budget kit it does more then what you think, best kit for price hands down!! I love mine!! Even with valve springs float it made 687rwhp and 677 torque, now with comp cams high load springs it should be close to 700rwhp or more.
I had problem with kit install but it's cause of my upr k-member, once I add k-member spacers it fits great, had to use some gasket and new vband to make it 100% leak free, here is my thread.....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rformance-single-turbo-kit-install-begin.html

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
$1889 w/ shipping might be worth it just for the tubing. If the tubing is good quality and welded properly thats worth it right there. The downpipe comes with a wideband sensor bung already installed which is another plus. It looks like he took a Hellion kit and made it on a budget. You get the tubing and its ready to be hi temp coated. Get it back and start your install.

If I were interested in a turbo kit again I would give them some serious thought.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
DO some research on Master Power turbo's ..not sticking up for them but thier not as bad as you think ..

Well thats a ringing endorsment.

"Master Power Turbos...not as bad as you think." :lol1:

As for the On3 kit. I know of two local shops that have installed them and they had to modify a bunch of the pipes to get them to fit correctly. One pipe was laying on the K member and do you want to know what On3 told them...We know, just wrap the pipe. LOL What a piece of crap!

blowngt

Established Member
Master power.....

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRJh4GJwtwg"]YouTube - green97[/nomedia]

enuf said.

You can spend twice as much if you wish, but they've more than proven themselves.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
$1889 w/ shipping might be worth it just for the tubing. If the tubing is good quality and welded properly thats worth it right there. The downpipe comes with a wideband sensor bung already installed which is another plus. It looks like he took a Hellion kit and made it on a budget. You get the tubing and its ready to be hi temp coated. Get it back and start your install.
i was kind of thinking this too actually. and yeah it already has the bung welded in the dp AND the kit is meant to be ran in blow through MAF config. most Hellion guys have to spend extra and convert their kit to blow through, and weld a bung in.

03bluemach

Established Member

If you (do) the research you will find that they are actually a pretty good tubro.. just because it's not a high dollar name brand like Turbonetics or Precision doesnt mean it a POS .. Do the research and let us know buddy !

03screamingSVT

Established Member
He is looking for a cheap alternative. Nitrous is cheaper. I'm not trying to sell anything. He could buy any kit from any company. I was merely making a suggestion.

On3 was a member at TheTurboForums and got called out and eventually banned over horrible craftsmanship and non-existent warranty. Then lying about the warranty. There are plenty of other things that were brought up by several of his customers. Having to pay to fix a NEW turbo kit, just to be able to use it, is retarded IMO.
That is why I don't back On3. Not because I "sell" nitrous.

If only that was true, I am good friends with chad and that is just not the case. There was one warranty issue and they blew it out of proportion. The issue was corrected and everyone was happy. The car was back to going 8's....

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member

As for the On3 kit. I know of two local shops that have installed them and they had to modify a bunch of the pipes to get them to fit correctly. One pipe was laying on the K member and do you want to know what On3 told them...We know, just wrap the pipe. LOL What a piece of crap!

If you (do) the research you will find that they are actually a pretty good tubro.. just because it's not a high dollar name brand like Turbonetics or Precision doesnt mean it a POS .. Do the research and let us know buddy !
ryan,

listen to him lol

according to them the turbo is supported by resting on the k member....what does that tell you

also do some research.... HAHAHA

I have a on3 kit. for the price you cant beat it I made awesome power with it. But would I recommend it to anyone... NO! I have seen the hellion kits in person as well. Would I recommend that kit.. Just from seeing it. No.

IMO...Only way to get a nice turbo kit and to custom build it... Correctly, But that is more expensive.

I will be redoing my turbo kit and selling my on3 piping (that was modified to fit) If intersted;-)

03screamingSVT

Established Member
Also I dont understand why people always post about what comes in the kit and how its ebay brand lol. I thought ebay was an auction site, I didnt know they made turbo kit and parts

It comes down to basically you pay to play. If you dont want what comes in the kit, you pay and get a MP or precision turbo. Same goes for about anything else in the kit. The kit is not marketed to be the best of the best however in most cases, they are compared to the $5000+ kits. I think they are doing a hell of a job for what you are getting and standing behind the products. I have rode in enough of their turbo cars and see them plenty at the track.

Last edited:

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member

Ryan whats up man!! its jim from Street Lethal. my point exactly, your car will make gobs of power, be reliable look good, and last!! an on3 kit i have heard nothing but horror stories, but to each their own. BTW we should get some numbers for you shortly!!!

95snake03

Established Member
for someone to say custom is the way to go is a very broad statement. Ive seen custom kits that look like a 2 year old put it together

Users who are viewing this thread