You guys know anything about on3performance?

wyldechild54

Medusa
Established Member
My friend showed me this turbo kit the other night that almost seems to good to be true. Is there some catch I am not aware of?
Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs
It's only about $1800 and can get crazy power on low boost. If any of you guys have this setup or know something about it be sure to share!

crazycarlo

Established Member
id search on a lot of different forums... there is ALOT of info out there about them. Just read through all the threads. I have never personally seen the kit or know anyone who has it... but it looks good from the pics. They are supposedly working on a forward facing manifolds kit that should clean up some of the piping under the car. Mosot of the problem most ppl seem to have with them is the pipes not lining up exactly so u might have to work with them a bit and the v-band clamps not sealing.

Also if you kit it do urself a big favor and upgrade to the Master Power turbo. And if u can get a name brande wastegate and blow off valve.

D2Fresh16

Established Member
I've heard so many awful things but so many great things. I think for the price, you can't really beat it. If you have the time and patience with basic knowledge you should be able to get everything to fit right. Best of luck with whatever you do. Keep us posted.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
agreed, heard a lot of good and bad. honestly all the bad is from haters who don't have thi kit. everyone that i've seen that has a kit for a modular motor car loves it and has no regrets. like some have said, sealing the v-band connections seems to be the biggest hassle, but hey when you spend $3k less than a Hellion single setup spending a few hours extra isn't so bad. the forward facing header setup will work with 99/01 4v heads so i'd probably go for that when it comes out.

wyldechild54

Medusa
Established Member
Yeah, thanks for the info guys. I did a bunch of detective work and figured out that it will cost me way more than 2k for everything involved. So forced induction will most likely have to wait until after college. Might go with cams instead. Unfortunately these motors dont gain too much off of new cams. :shrug:

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Yeah, thanks for the info guys. I did a bunch of detective work and figured out that it will cost me way more than 2k for everything involved. So forced induction will most likely have to wait until after college. Might go with cams instead. Unfortunately these motors dont gain too much off of new cams. :shrug:

Nitrous.

My personal opinion is stay away from On3.

03screamingSVT

Established Member
Nitrous.

My personal opinion is stay away from On3.

lol coming from someone who sells nitrous.....

Check out their site, the new forward facing kits do cost a little more but he made much better power with about the same amount of boost. Spool up was around 1000rpm quicker, really cool setup

03bluemach

Established Member
Thinking about selling my vortech T-trim setup and getting the new forward facing system but with the Precision 67mm tubro..cant make up my mind yet .. Looks like a better design than the other and the piping looks like it wont be a such PITA, but i'll wait and let a couple others put out the reviews first..

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
from what I was told the car I saw at the dyno the other day had an on 3 performance kit and the oil filter relocation setup was not good. It had standard rubber hose that was too big for the barb/fitting and blew off twice, once at idle. They ditched the crap hose clamp it came with and put on two heavier duty clamps...no idea if the guy made it home or not

03bluemach

Established Member
I dont think that the kit comes with the oil filter relocation kit ..i think it was one he proby bought himself huh ?? for the new forward facing kit it does say that if your using the stock oil cooler that you would have to use a gt or mach oil filter adpater ..If im not mistaken..

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont think that the kit comes with the oil filter relocation kit ..i think it was one he proby bought himself huh ?? for the new forward facing kit it does say that if your using the stock oil cooler that you would have to use a gt or mach oil filter adpater ..If im not mistaken..

this was on an 05+ body style and I see they do offer it as an option, he said he bought it all together as a complete kit

03bluemach

Established Member
Hmm ok yea sorry i was looking at the 4v/2v stuff ..and i was wrong about the oil filter adpater for the 4v/2v new kits comming out, it doesnt say anything about that ..got my info mixed up ... feel sorry for that guy then ..i had a MM oil filter relocation kit that i had to run with my AJE k member on my mach and it was top notch !!

95snake03

Established Member
youll get what you pay for. be ready to replace the ebay wastegate, ebay blowoff valve, v band clamps, and have the turbo upgraded to something decent. Their price doesnt include the $1000 worth of suspension or $1000 worth of fuel mods to get full use out of the kit

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
lol coming from someone who sells nitrous.....

Check out their site, the new forward facing kits do cost a little more but he made much better power with about the same amount of boost. Spool up was around 1000rpm quicker, really cool setup

He is looking for a cheap alternative. Nitrous is cheaper. I'm not trying to sell anything. He could buy any kit from any company. I was merely making a suggestion.

On3 was a member at TheTurboForums and got called out and eventually banned over horrible craftsmanship and non-existent warranty. Then lying about the warranty. There are plenty of other things that were brought up by several of his customers. Having to pay to fix a NEW turbo kit, just to be able to use it, is retarded IMO.
That is why I don't back On3. Not because I "sell" nitrous.

ZFan88

Established Member
Never had a problem with mine. Everything went together just fine.

Same here on my '95. No problems with fitment, quality, or operating. I have the Master Power turbo with it. Most people who talk bad about it don't have the kit. There is plenty of info and build pics on the corral forums

Ortiz99

Established Member
Never had a problem with my 99 Cobra. As a matter of fact, there is a member here with a On3 build thread on his mach 1. I think he pushed 526 before the engine went out.

Users who are viewing this thread