You guys know anything about on3performance?

03screamingSVT

Established Member
I dont have it but I have seen it first hand and was not impressed at all

Which kit? I helped chad finish the 4v car last night and should get some dyno numbers and hit the street soon. The new 2 and 4v kits are pretty sick, so clean installed and simple. Not to mention that new turbo line they are going to be selling, wheel speed was crazy on it compared to the journal bearing

I think their new setup is just as nice or better than most of the modular kits out there right now aside from a few. I just dont understand how you can complain about a $1500-1800 turbo kit that works and makes tons of power???

03bluemach

Established Member
Hey screamingsvt

Do you know off hand if on the new 4v kits if you wil still have to relocate the ignition coils on the 96-98 cobras, from the pics it looks like they will fit with the new design

95snake03

Established Member
I was talking about the gen1 kits which don't fit plain and simple. Well unless your ok with hot pipes resting on the k member, eBay parts, and turbo bieng supported only by the piping. IMO I do not want to spend only $1500 on a turbo kit. The company has to make a profit too which means the kit was put together for less than $1000 dollars. If you want quality you have to pay for it. I have a turbo that costs over $2500 just by itself

03screamingSVT

Established Member
Hey screamingsvt

Do you know off hand if on the new 4v kits if you wil still have to relocate the ignition coils on the 96-98 cobras, from the pics it looks like they will fit with the new design

I dont see why it would require them to be relocated as the wastegate is moved down low now and the turbo is basically centered.

95 snake:
I really dont want to just turn this into a battle between us. You have your points and I see that. I just have my outlook on it and feel its fair I share that. As for turbos and costs, they have Mp's, Precision, etc on the shelf. So that all makes up the costs, you can spend as much as you like and make overspend on a lot of brands that just add cost. Most of which dont make any difference in performance. I have seen chad drive his 2v car with their complete standard 70mm setup for the past 2-3 years. The car is flat out fun and suprises everyone. The new setup is something else, I think mid range he picked up 30hp and 50tq just swapping to the new design. I might have those numbers backwards but its going to get him the respect he deserves. Eliminating all the extra plumbing just makes the kit more simple and power numbers were relized on the dyno. If you want your billet wheel, ball bearing, wg, bov upgrades, its only money. If you require the best of the best, its as simple as asking for it and forking out the cash

ZFan88

Established Member
I dont have it but I have seen it first hand and was not impressed at all

Was it not shiny enough for you? I mean it's just piping that fits, with room to play, and a turbo, with everything you need to bolt up at a low price. I've seen, installed, tuned, and ran mine and I'm impressed.

89slowgt331

Established Member
I had a foxbody kit and was impressed for the price, the oil feed line and v band's are cheap, I replaced them and had the hotside ceramic coated. If you want a perfect kit go spend twice as much or more and you might get it. out of all the power adders Ive had my vortech V2 was the easiest install, but I'm talking fox body power adders, good luck you will still need a k member and fuel system upgrade and tuning, everything adds up

03screamingSVT

Established Member
He has a new machine there now that crimps hoses and they are starting to do their own oil lines in-house. Pretty trick little machine and makes it nice being able to make specific length lines for each setup

03screamingSVT

Established Member
Last I heard he was just saying the end of next month if all stays on track. I was over there with them finishing the 4v they were building and looked so good.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Very curious how the new design kit turns out! couple quick questions if you don't mind...

On the 4v kit, will the oil filter/cooler need to be moved for clearance on the driver side?

Are there plans to make headers that will work on the 03/04 cobra/mach1 heads(since the exhaust ports are different)?

Is the wastegate recirculated on the new design as well(not a huge fan of a raspy open wg)? The wastegate will be on the part of the up-pipe after the two sides merge, correct?

Don't mean to whore up this thread, but since these questions are about on3 as well I think everyone will benefit...

Last edited:

03bluemach

Established Member
^^ Very good questions ...As im not a fan of a open wastegate either .. I wonder if theres a way to quiet it up a bit ? Or maybe have a exhaust shop pipe it back into the down pipe...

mysteed

Established Member
go to the corral forums chad had thread for the new kits in the turbo section... he will answer these questions im sure...
Here's the thread you were talking about:

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1266485]On 3 Performance New 2v/4v Kit Design Forward Facing Headers - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums[/ame]

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
thanks guys. i've seen that thread. i'm not registered there, and am feeling lazy so i probably won't do it right now lol

Users who are viewing this thread