You Choose...

RedfireCobl2a

Established Member
Ok here is the dellema.. I got some money to upgrade my 03-04 cobra and i want to do the best upgrades to my car.. These are the upgrades i thought i would do

Option 1) 2 revised heads
custom cams
irs bushings
subframe connectors
diablo mafia
kenne bell boost a pump
custom tune
head cooling mod
bee hive spring & retainers
Eaton Steig IV port

OR!

Option 2) Single 76mm Hellion Turbo Kit
Irs bushings
custom tune
2 revised heads
subframe connectors

Keep in mind the irs will be stock except bushings and the irs brace.. Im not going to take the car to the strip and dog it out, my question to you guys which route is the best and can my stock halfshafts handle roll streetracing??and my stock motor handle the hp ? i know the tune is the most important but if i have a good tuner is it wise not to upgrade motor with 76 mm turbo?

Current Mods Accufab Throttle body
LFP heat exchanger
LFP Bigger resovoir
2.80 pulley
Input Shaft 26 spline
Spec Stage 3 clutch
C&L inlet
Diablo Predator Custom Tune
Aux Tensioner

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Option 2 if you like the single turbo set-up. I rode in a friend of mine's car and it wasn't for me. :shrug:

I choose the Option 1 + a twinscrew. More fun IMO.

RedfireCobl2a

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys.. anyone else?? i got 8.5-10.5 thousand to spend.. If anyone disagrees with both please give me your mods you would do with this money Thanks

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Big single turbo. Then go lay some smack down on.... well..... anything.

wy3134

Established Member
id do a 2.8h kenne bell with the behemoth inlet. get a good supporting return fuel system (piece it together, its WAY cheaper then these kits certain companies offer that are not good quality). after that, id work on subframes, beef up the irs to eliminate wheel hop, and then get the car tuned. if thats not enough power for you, then you need to look into a hellion twin turbo kit, the hell with a single setup. those twin kits are making insane numbers on very low boost...

but with the behemoth inlet on the 2.8h kenne bell, i know guys are making well into the 800rwhp mark. i believe a couple guys are shooting for 1000rwhp eventually

Last edited:

wy3134

Established Member
i know a few guys running a single turbo kit and the powerband is just aweful on it...not saying it cant make power, id just rather have the quicker response of the twin setup

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I would first upgrade your suspension i.e. full length subframes, lowering springs (I went with coilovers) caster/camber plates and a whipple

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
unless your doing road racing, whats the point of wasting money on caster/camber plates?

You will wear your tires much faster if the car has new suspension geometry, i.e. lowered. So, in fact the first set of tires you're equal, but after that you're losing money without them.

Jroc

Established Member
Option 1 but substitute better pumps inplace of the BAP, and substitute a TS inplace of the ported Eaton.

You should be able to afford that if you can afford a turbo kit.

lloyd393

Squid missile
Established Member
Have you thought about doing a compound set up with the Hellion kit? I remember them making over 1000rwhp with stock block and blower with upgrades to the fuel system and good tune. Excelent response with the blower on bottm end, great top end once the turbos spool:)

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thanks for the input guys.. anyone else?? i got 8.5-10.5 thousand to spend.. If anyone disagrees with both please give me your mods you would do with this money Thanks

If you got that much,skip the heads and go TS,suspension,rims and tires.

RedfireCobl2a

Established Member
I am doing 2 heads because on the psgr side head i have cylinder 1 helicoiled... i blew a spark plug out... will the helicoil hold with a TS Sc? No i did not consider doing the supercharger and the turbo, (compound setup).... I wonder if there is a shop that would do hellion twin turbos with the supporting mods for 10,500??

Last edited:

Silverboost

Established Member
hell everything I see about helicoils is that they are stronger than the factory threaded hole. By the way the supporting mods you have listed for the ported eaton you will need on the turbo plus more.

RedfireCobl2a

Established Member
So what your trying to say is that 10,500 is not enough right ? Lol... SHOULD I SAY F*** the heads and helicoil all of them??.. Im really set on the single or twin turbo kit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread