Yet another oil thread....this time with e85

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
I know I'm beating dead horse here, but I just want to see which oil will be best to use in my application. Read bunch of different oil threads and there is a lot of different "ifs" and variables. So here it goes: 2011 gt500 that makes north of 800rwhp on stock motor with e85. Car has all cooling mods to incule 170 thermostat, large aftermarket oil cooler with thermostatic oil filter addapter plate that opens up at a higher temps. Car is now located in Miami and often driven in 80-100 degree weather. It is not a daily driver and sees a good amount of high mph runs. I've been using amsoil signature series 5w50 with moroso oil filter that I change every 2500 miles or 6 month. Should I stick with it or put in something different?????

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running E85 and I run Motorcraft 5W50 with a motorcraft OEM filter. But I also change my oil every 500 miles and yes I know that's over killer but I don't care. It gives me peace of mind and I don't drive the car very much. If you do venture off to other oils make sure the say they work with ethanol fuel, I know VR1 valvoline is good for E85.

builttodrive

Established Member
I also use the amsoil signature 5w50 with E85 and thats what I was told would be a good choice. I was also told that these 5.4 and 5.8 engines really don't have any issues with E85 getting to the oil.

Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member
I run e85 year round. I use Royal Purple XPR 10w40. I don't drive the car but maybe a couple hundred miles per month but change the oil every 6ish months.

Users who are viewing this thread