Yet another hellcat thread, has there ever been this much push for a car in history?

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Seriously i've seen more videos and promotions for this car in history its just crazy. Its got to be the biggest advertising car Dodge has ever had. Here is the latest
[video=youtube;4cEshJGVZB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4cEshJGVZB0[/video]

oh and there is talk of over 5000 orders already for 15

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Seriously i've seen more videos and promotions for this car in history its just crazy. Its got to be the biggest advertising car Dodge has ever had. Here is the latest
[video=youtube;4cEshJGVZB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4cEshJGVZB0[/video]

It's simple, Dodge is late to the muscle car wars and they have a lot of catching up to do as far as presence goes.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I'll tell you what I'm a Ford guy but I would get one if I could afford it. I like the commercial they did with the brothers and the viper coming down the middle of the road.

kaz109

Established Member

The punch line is NO OTHER site talk as much about the hellcat or starts as many threads about the hellcat as much as SVTP.....lol...its borderline pathetic now

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
They will catch-up fast with over 700hp!

Indeed.

Buttttttt, with that being said those cars haven't been ingrained into the masses like the Camaro and Mustang have over the recent years. I'm sure Dodge will get a lot of buyers simply because of the big numbers but they have a lot of work ahead of them in the form of making up for lost time and winning over the Ford and GM faithful. Hopefully Ford and GM didn't blow their wad on the GT500 and Z28 and will be able to fire back with some huge brute power. I don't have high hopes from the Ford camp for awhile though. GM may have something up their sleeve though.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
^^^^ lol.....that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard yet

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Seriously i've seen more videos and promotions for this car in history its just crazy. Its got to be the biggest advertising car Dodge has ever had.

Well, it's a car worth advertising. It is not just promoted to sell Hellcats and lesser Challengers, but to increase the brand profile as a whole.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Agreed. As far as needing time to "win over the ford faithful" lol... This might as well be hellcat.com the way it's won most over

There is a big difference between people talking about the latest and greatest thing and them actually going out and jumping camps. What doesn't get run into the ground on this site when something new comes out? Go back and look at the GM offerings alone with the ZL1, Z28, Z07, Z06... I remember there were the same exact comments being made about the ZL1 where people were saying this might as well be a GM site when the ZL1 was first hitting the scene because there were so many threads about it.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
There is a big difference between people talking about the latest and greatest thing and them actually going out and jumping camps. What doesn't get run into the ground on this site when something new comes out? Go back and look at the GM offerings alone with the ZL1, Z28, Z07, Z06... I remember there were the same exact comments being made about the ZL1 where people were saying this might as well be a GM site when the ZL1 was first hitting the scene because there were so many threads about it.

The entire point to your logic is ridiculous. Just stop .

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
It's the first car to advertise over 700HP. Don't underestimate that very fact. Two years ago, everyone went cuckoo over the most powerful V8 in the world - GT500. At the time, the most powerful American car ever. The internet, more specifically Camaro forums, nearly imploded. Now it's Chrysler's turn, albeit, a little late. Next, it's cars like the Z/28 and GT350s turn to catch fire. Chrysler will respond to that all in due time. Ford will respond to the Hellcat once they launch the GT350. It is a great time to be alive, look at the cars we have, that we didn't have 5 years ago. Good times indeed.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Part of it is the fact that anything and everything we all do online is tracked to such a science that what we perceive as the "internet" is really a customized experience for each of us. So if your a car guy into high HP domestics? Your going to see Hellcat everything everywhere.

STREETREBEL

Established Member
Mopar has always played catch-up. But history shows when they get there, they kick as$!
They came back to dominate the 60's and 70's.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Vipers sitting on lots still after Dodge forced dealers to slash $10k off of prices.

Yeah, but dat hellcat doe....

They'll sit too.

BLK_03

Established Member
Vipers sitting on lots still after Dodge forced dealers to slash $10k off of prices.

Yeah, but dat hellcat doe....

They'll sit too.

I'm with you on this.

The only Hellcat's we'll see will be rollin through hoods on 22s or in oldhead garages wrapped in plastic. They have to get out and do something to gain some notoriety and that aint gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread