Yet another exhaust thread.... check it out!

Orlandostang

Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
Thanks man! Now besides the fact of the car being loud as hell with LM 1s and catless X, did it sound "good". Cause that will be the setup I will be going for, but I don't want it to sound too shitty :beer:

Well... let me first state that I really like loud muscle cars, but the O/R X and LM1 is way too loud, the sure volume will be too loud for any street driven car. Volume aside, tone wise it sounded great at WOT and idle, but everything in between sounded like a snare drum (crap). If you want an O/R X get the LM2. You will not lose any power with the LM2 over the LM1 and it will still sound great and be rather loud. The LM2 muffling material takes a few weeks to "break in" and once it does it gets a lot louder and better sounding. Day one with the LM2 I was afraid that I made my car to quite, but with some time it roars like the muscle car it should be.

CobraG

Established Member
01CaliSnake said:
so you guys like the SLP...I was heading towards getting Magnaflow exhaust and i am not sure on the x pipe yet....how does magnaflow sound in your opinion

I had MagnaFlows on my 00 GT, quiet at idle and normal driving, loud when you got on it. But I actually took them off for glass packs, I like loud

Wrench

Established Member
i answered your thread, and don't think anyone will disagree that JLT is the way to go on your intake. As for exhaust there are lots of options and even more opinions. Borla, Magnapacks, Flows, and the list goes on. everyone has thier preferences

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
01CaliSnake said:
other than SLP who in your opinion makes a nice deep sounding exhaust that is loud and will get people's attention......also i am looking to do the intake and x pipe any ideas

I've heard MagnaPacks are good. I like a catted Bassani X if you can find a good price on one.

01CaliSnake

Established Member
i hate to ask a noob question but what is O/R and "WOT".....do you guys like flowmaster or is it no good.....the only problem i am having is i listened to your clip and it sounded like your exhaust popped alot....am i just imagining that or does it....how much for the SLP Exhaust????

Wrench

Established Member
o/r= off road
wot= wide open throttle

And yes it pops some, but not as bad with a load on the car.
the price is reasonable i think around 350 and all the pippimg is stainless

sorry I was WAY off on price. at around 500 or so.

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
01CaliSnake said:
i hate to ask a noob question but what is O/R and "WOT".....do you guys like flowmaster or is it no good.....the only problem i am having is i listened to your clip and it sounded like your exhaust popped alot....am i just imagining that or does it....how much for the SLP Exhaust????

O/R = Off Road
WOT = Wide Open Throttle

Do you want just the resinators or the entire catback?

www.slponline.com

http://www.lmperformance.com/5372/50.html

01CaliSnake

Established Member
ok...i was going to put an o/r x and how much do u think the JLT will run me????? Where in cali you located....know any good cobra shops????

01CaliSnake

Established Member
so you guys think the SLP Loud Mouth II is the way to go for exhaust??? and when i get the o/r x, is there anything extra i will have to buy to connect it all together....i am confused about the x setup...thanks....

(i am in Orange County by the way)

Wrench

Established Member
if you go with o/r you WILL need mil eliminators. for your after cat o2 sensors. If not your check engine light will come on. Like I said research before you buy your exhaust. Everyone likes something different. But the JLT is the way to go.

01CaliSnake

Established Member
i have been researching but everywhere i goes always says the same thing so thats why i thought i would ask the people that have the exhaust or at least are knowlegable on it and will give me a straight up opinion and help....thanks again any suggestion are always welcome and appreciated...thanks again

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Thanks for all of your inputs guys. I posted this thread not that long ago and got all the info I needed WOOOOOOOOOOT!

01CaliSnake said:

This is where I'm getting all of my stuff. Very reasonable on prices. He has all the SLP stuff you would want along with everything else of course. http://www.customssi.com/

CobraG

Established Member
01CaliSnake said:
so you guys think the SLP Loud Mouth II is the way to go for exhaust??? and when i get the o/r x, is there anything extra i will have to buy to connect it all together....i am confused about the x setup...thanks....

(i am in Orange County by the way)

For me, I like having a catted midpipe, it's legal. Also, by the time you buy mil eliminators you could have bought a catted pipe.
I got my catted vrs x with magnaflow cats for $137 shipped. You can find deals out there, you just have to be patient and search. Then jump on it as soon as you see what you want.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
CobraG said:
For me, I like having a catted midpipe, it's legal. Also, by the time you buy mil eliminators you could have bought a catted pipe.
I got my catted vrs x with magnaflow cats for $137 shipped. You can find deals out there, you just have to be patient and search. Then jump on it as soon as you see what you want.

Thats a hell of a deal

CobraG

Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
Thats a hell of a deal

I thought so too, I just watched all the for sale threads and ebay daily, then when I found one I jumped on it

Users who are viewing this thread