Yet another exhaust thread.... check it out!

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Alright here is the deal. Call me gay but for some reason I would like to buy SLP Loudmouth but everybody tells me that it sounds like shit on 4 cam motors. So then I started looking at Bassani which I know is a good setup, but I can get Magnaflow for a little cheaper.... What do you guys think?

Maybe I should just go with Bassani, but damnit I can get Magnaflow cheaper... but then again maybe SLP doesn't sound all that bad. SHIT I AM CONFUSED!!!!! :bash:

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Well if you give me 1 week... Ill have my Car back and She has a set of Flowtech headers, Mac Catted H and Slp 1 Loud mouth... Ill get ya a sound clip asap... but wont be for a couple more days...

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Fellow member Orlandostang had SLPLM1 and SLPo/r x on his 01 and let me tell you this car was louder than anything I ever heard. Yes it was raspy but sounded so mean. I think he switched to LM2's. He may have a clip for you to listen to.

ZiaSnake

Established Member
Check out mustangexhaust.com. There are some sound clips of the SLP LM1 and 2. It's under 96-04 cobra exhaust section not the member sound clip section. I'm also considering the SLP LM2.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
But you see, getting the opinion of other Cobra owners matters to me cause they are on the same page. I just wanted to know if you 32v guys think that SLP sounds decent

So for n00bs like me, what is the difference between the Loudmouth 1 and 2... Too lazy to look it up. haha

Last edited:

01CaliSnake

Established Member
Just like Sonic 4.6, I am also a noob and am interested in beefing up the exhaust, intake and x pipe.....i need some advice from the people that know it best......i was looking at magnaflow exhaust,bbk or k&n intake, and unknown on the x pipe....thank you in advance.....

Orlandostang

Established Member
Ok here’s the deal on SLP mufflers.

LM1=straight through muffler w/o any defections of sound deadening materials.
LM2=straight through muffler w/ sound deadening materials, like the magna packs.

Now I have had both the LM1 and LM2 w/ and w/o cats so this advice comes from first hand knowledge.

Do you want an X pipe? If so, do you want cats?

I have the SLP X pipe and SLP cat-back and here’s the break down.

W/ cats the LM1 will sound great, very muscular. :-D
W/O cats the LM1 will be too loud, trust me it's like a nascar no joking :nono:
W/O cats the LM2 will sound great, very muscular, very powerful, my current setup. :thumbsup:
W/ cats the LM2, well I've never heard this combo, b/c the above combos worked for me :shrug:

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Thanks wrench! Well, I don't feel like spending a whole lot of money on the X pipe, so I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass if I get a cheap one. Speaking of which, I got a really X pipe for one of my GT's and the damn thing was bent wrong and banged up against the bottom of the car. It was "Pipes" brand or some shit. Never buying one of their products again.... even if it was only like $130 bucks haha

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Orlandostang said:
Ok here’s the deal on SLP mufflers.

LM1=straight through muffler w/o any defections of sound deadening materials.
LM2=straight through muffler w/ sound deadening materials, like the magna packs.

Now I have had both the LM1 and LM2 w/ and w/o cats so this advice comes from first hand knowledge.

Do you want an X pipe? If so, do you want cats?

I have the SLP X pipe and SLP cat-back and here’s the break down.

W/ cats the LM1 will sound great, very muscular. :-D
W/O cats the LM1 will be too loud, trust me it's like a nascar no joking :nono:
W/O cats the LM2 will sound great, very muscular, very powerful, my current setup. :thumbsup:
W/ cats the LM2, well I've never heard this combo, b/c the above combos worked for me :shrug:

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks man! Now besides the fact of the car being loud as hell with LM 1s and catless X, did it sound "good". Cause that will be the setup I will be going for, but I don't want it to sound too shitty :beer:

Wrench

Established Member
No problem, just like orlandostang; I love that setup. I have run the same 3 setups as him and this one is my favorite. Although all of mine have been with long tubes. Hope it helps your desicion.

01CaliSnake

Established Member
so you guys like the SLP...I was heading towards getting Magnaflow exhaust and i am not sure on the x pipe yet....how does magnaflow sound in your opinion

Wrench

Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
Thanks man! Now besides the fact of the car being loud as hell with LM 1s and catless X, did it sound "good". Cause that will be the setup I will be going for, but I don't want it to sound too shitty :beer:
I think it sounds good, but way too LOUD! I suggest the 2's for the little more money

Wrench

Established Member
01CaliSnake said:
so you guys like the SLP...I was heading towards getting Magnaflow exhaust and i am not sure on the x pipe yet....how does magnaflow sound in your opinion
good, but it will sound like every other mustang out there. just my 2 cents

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Wrench said:
I think it sounds good, but way too LOUD! I suggest the 2's for the little more money

I just now realized that I am a ricer.... HAHAHAHA!

I like it loud :rockon: :shrug:

Wrench said:

That was exactly the answer I was looking for :thumbsup: As long as you guys think it sounds good :beer:

Last edited:

01CaliSnake

Established Member
other than SLP who in your opinion makes a nice deep sounding exhaust that is loud and will get people's attention......also i am looking to do the intake and x pipe any ideas

Users who are viewing this thread