Yes, I searched - Headlight question.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
I'm looking to get a set of smoked/clear turn signals (I'm not interested in the stock smoked ones from Steve...I know about them). I also would prefer not to pay $200 for them from American Muscle, but will if I have no choice.

When I searched, all I came up with were dead E-bay links, which is why I'm asking.

I can find the smoked/clear turn signals all day long on E-bay, but I am leery of ordering from someone who I may run into quality issues.

So, if you have a set of smoked/clears and you're happy with them and didn't have any fitment issues, please let me know where you ordered them from and how much you paid.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Not to be a dick, but you want too much. You get what you pay for alot of times. Just buy them from Steve or AM. I bought some of those ebay ones and it is a pain to get the bulbs in and out and the rubber seal is starting to come off on the outside where it mates to the fender.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Not to be a dick, but you want too much. You get what you pay for alot of times. Just buy them from Steve or AM. I bought some of those ebay ones and it is a pain to get the bulbs in and out and the rubber seal is starting to come off on the outside where it mates to the fender.

Na, I didn't take you as being a dick - I don't mind honesty even if it may not be what I want to hear.

I appreciate the input. I'm gonna try and get something ordered this week, but would really prefer the clear corners and I know there are folks on here who run them and haven't had issues. I just can't find a good link from where they ordered.

Again, I appreciate the input and if I have to order from Steve or AM, that's cool. Just trying to make the $$$ go as far as possible.

thanks

Predatorbird

Established Member
My brother had a set of aftermarket OE style headlights he got from somewhere for $129. The fitment was crap and didn't sit flush against the bumper. I bought the factory headlights from Steve and they fit perfect. My brother later got the same lights.

If you don't want those, I'd spend the money on the headlights from AM. They have a nice smoked look to them and look great from the pics I've seen.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
OE Ford ones are the only ones worth buying.
Been there, wasted money, done that.
Aftermarket headlights are garbage.

m1615

Established Member
I just bought a pair of the factory clears for my 99 from ford, and theres no comparison to the after market. My buddy has the after market smoked and the fit is sh#$%ty and the rubber is peeling away. You get what you pay for.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
OE Ford ones are the only ones worth buying.
Been there, wasted money, done that.
Aftermarket headlights are garbage.

Same here, I've been there and done that. The only ones worth a damn are the ones from Ford. And at $66/piece through Steve, you cannot go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread