Yes....a gear thread!

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
I run 4.30s with 275 BFG KDWDs. I don't have traction problems in first if I feather the clutch enough, but it can get bad on the 1-2 shift. The rear end just can't seem to grab traction quick enough in second. Stickier tire would probably fix this.

Paul

Morningstar908

Established Member
I dont remember asking about mileage...that isnt my concern. Do you have to do any grinding to fit them, like a 4.56???

Morningstar908

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
Morningstar908 said:
I dont remember asking about mileage...that isnt my concern. Do you have to do any grinding to fit them, like a 4.56???

Morningstar908
all gears are the same size, the only thing that changes is the amount of teeth on it.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Morningstar908 said:
Thanks for all the input...I think I am going to not "fear the gear" and get the 4.30s...anyone else with input is welcome to chime in

Morningstar908
As long as you are comfortable turning about 3,000rpms at 75mph then go for it. I've had 3.73's for two years and am considering 4.10's over the winter. I'm torn as I've been told don't and do for a road course car.

fourvalvegt

Established Member
19mustang95 said:
all gears are the same size, the only thing that changes is the amount of teeth on it.

actually for them to cahnge the amount of teeth the pinion can get larger or smaller so the ring gear will get skinnier or fatter. it sunds weird but ive done quite a few gears and you can notice a difference

Users who are viewing this thread