Yellow C6 vs Black Cobra DFW, TX (Mexico)

res0n0xg

Established Member
Coming home from the Rangers game with my Dad (240lbs), me (225lbs) we pull up next to a nice black Cobra who just got on the highway, I'm in the left lane, he pulls right up behind me and I just knew he'd want to race.

Anyway, we pull up, side by side, slowing to ~60ish, so I start paddling down to 3rd, when he takes the hit hearing me shift down, so I quickly drop to 2nd (I have 2.56 gears in my auto) so 60mph at 2nd is a good spot for me.

Anyway, I manage to pull a couple cars it seems and pull in front of him at ~120mph moving away from traffic.

My car, C6 LS3 auto, intake/catless long tubes/dyno tune (427rwhp/415rwtq).

Curious to know the Cobra's mods and hope he's on this board. I figured a pullied Cobra would have edged me, as he was alone in his car, and I had myselfa and a relatively heavy passenger.

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
i see in your sig you have a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower. did you have any problems out of that setup like belt slip or anything? i know a lot of guys say that a 4lb lower on a upported eaton is too much.

res0n0xg

Established Member
That was my old car, but NO, it ran GREAT, and made so much more torque it was crazy!! It is no sold and gone and the vette has replaced it, however I'd highly recommend the 4lb lower for most setups.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Your car is no joke. Maybe the Cobra was stock mild mods. your 240 pound dad definately cut into your weight advantage.

Cobra guy may be on the boards here?? Like to know his mods

Users who are viewing this thread