Yeah Baby eat that Camaro up!

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Went out to eat tonight. Coming back we turn at the light right in front of a new yellow Camaro SS. The Camaro speeds up when the light changes and catches up to us. He is a guy in his 40's with what looks like his adult son with him. We give him a rev at the light. He doesn't rev back. We don't think he wants to play but we are ready anyway . The light change and he hits it hard we stay even through first . We give it as much as we can in 2nd without busting the 335 DR's loose. By the time we hit 3rd we are 5-6 cars ahead we run up to about 95 and have a 8-10 car lead. At the next light we tell him his car sounds good [it did]. He replied "it isn't bad for a 425 hp Camaro."

The light changes and we let the Camaro take the hit again. This time we stick at least 10 cars on him and shut it down. At the next light we gave him a thumbs up but he didn't return the gesture. He goes straight at the next light. A new F350 Ford truck pulls up next to us rolls his window down and yells "Yeah baby eat that Camaro up!" I had to chuckle a little at the truck driver. :lol1: Damn that Camaro really did sound good though.

Its the first 2010 SS that we have raced and I have been wondering how they run.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Still waiting to run one, I've seen quite a few around here. Good kill.

Kewlv8

Established Member
Went out to eat tonight. Coming back we turn at the light right in front of a new yellow Camaro SS. The Camaro speeds up when the light changes and catches up to us. He is a guy in his 40's with what looks like his adult son with him. We give him a rev at the light. He doesn't rev back. We don't think he wants to play but we are ready anyway . The light change and he hits it hard we stay even through first . We give it as much as we can in 2nd without busting the 335 DR's loose. By the time we hit 3rd we are 5-6 cars ahead we run up to about 95 and have a 8-10 car lead. At the next light we tell him his car sounds good [it did]. He replied "it isn't bad for a 425 hp Camaro."

The light changes and we let the Camaro take the hit again. This time we stick at least 10 cars on him and shut it down. At the next light we gave him a thumbs up but he didn't return the gesture. He goes straight at the next light. A new F350 Ford truck pulls up next to us rolls his window down and yells "Yeah baby eat that Camaro up!" I had to chuckle a little at the truck driver. :lol1: Damn that Camaro really did sound good though.

Its the first 2010 SS that we have raced and I have been wondering how they run.

Classic. It's open season on the new Camaro. About 20 more days and the 2011 5.0s will be getting in on the action.......:lol1:

Klay

Established Member
hahah new camaros are JUNK! I beat 1 with my lil old n/a 5.0

I wouldn't them junk, and they are decently quick. I mean you would probably beat a stock terminator too but that doesn't make them junk.

Good kill though, you always have nice kill stories.

Zentenk

Established Member
I'd rather have a... oh wait I did get my Viper instead of a Camaro. =D

But I would rather have a Pontiac GXP G8 just for the 4 doors.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Yeah it was probably his first race with a Shelby and he had to bump into a Whipple Shelby. He seemed a little pissed at the last light. :dw: The first pull we took it real easy on the shifts the second pull we hit it harder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread