Yea or Nay? Grill opinions wanted!

svtxchinoy

Established Member
I saw someone make there own mesh grille from wire he bought at Home Depot. Its exactly what I want to do so I can still use the regular cobra grille emblem and its behind it rather than it front. Looks really clean. Anyone know have the link to that thread or know who it is? Its a red cobra, said he got it back from the shop at that time.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I like it. I met a guy on a Skyline Drive cruise that'd done that on his silver '03. I'll probably do the same for my Sonic, but I'll either powder coat it or paint it.

On another note, Mcmaster Carr has all kinds of stainless steel available on their website, http://www.mcmaster.com/ It's expensive though...Using their product locator type in "Mesh" and go from there.

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by RossSVT
I am comtemplating a prototype of a grille insert set. It would be 4 peices. 2 for the fog light ducts, 1 for the intercooler area and 1 for the grille opening.

It would be high quality stainless steel mesh of the exact mesh and look of the Z06 grille inserts. They would also have high a high quality fastening system which could be easily removed. And nothing visible and attached without any drilling required. I was also thinking of them avalible in black anodized finishes. Just some thoughts, it seems like many members here are looking for a fix for this problem in the aftermarket Heat Exchanger area and this would be a terriffic solution.

Let's here your thoughts. I have ordered the stainless mesh and when it arrives, I will begin the paterning and then the mock ups.

They would not be a cheap aluminum, (gutter guard) material but high quality stainless steel. What would you pay for a complete set? Your thoughts, interest?

way to try to steal my steam there buddy! haha looks like I will have to beat you to it!

Users who are viewing this thread