Yea or Nay? Grill opinions wanted!

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Have been toying with the idea of making an upper and lower grill to keep out the bugs, rocks, birds (lol) etc. I dont know if I like it or not. Mounted it all from behind so that you cannot see anything. I know many of you will say that it will make the car run hotter...but by how much? 5- 10 degrees? Just driving it today for a couple of hours I collected 3 bee's. LOL.

But what do you guys think Yea or Nay? :shrug:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid111/p8e9224807b9fddd3ee3a0e6b025f48a5/f910059b.jpg.orig.jpg

EatonMe

Looks good. Do you have any pictures from a lower angle? One where it would show it straight on instead of looking down at it? Thanks.

So far it doesn't look bad. Once I get my LFP HE I'll be considering something like that to protect it - especially with a 3,000 mile road trip coming up.

OLD FART

Established Member
I agree that so far it looks ok, but I would like to
see it from a lower angle.

What did you use to make it?

akaeric

Established Member
I don't like the way they look. Dam I wish you had a 97 I have a grill set still in the box I didn't know I ordered. So I have to check again but if someone has a 97 cobra and want a full screen set I'll send it to you for the cost of shippimg.

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I was thinking of painting it black so it blends in and is almost not noticable. But I dont know...I do know that there must be a freakin Bee Farm around here !!!! :whine: Oh well, I might just trash it....I hate to loose the $4 I spent on the aluminum though...LOL:-D

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Take a few more pics please. I need to see it further away and lower. Looks good from what I can see thou.

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I'll try and get some pics soon...its suppose to rain the next 3 days, and I only drive her on the weekends.:cryying:

99cobraclone

Established Member
I'm actually thinking about manufacturing a lower mesh grille kit, there is no way I would ever pay $150 for a freaking grille craft kit.

Would anyone be interested in lower grille kits? I think I would make them color coded as an option. At most they would be $45 shipped.

gatzer

Established Member
A lower grill would be something I would like to have eventually after upgrading the HE.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Funny you should mention birds... I got a robin kinda stuck in my fog light... I thought I had hit him (low flyer) but since I didnt see him on the road i fgured he made it... until I pulled into my parking space and he dumped off my front bumper... whoops..

JimBobWay

Established Member
I'd be intersted in the lower grill. I lost my OEM HE because of a rock or something. Now that I have the Xtreme HE with fans, I'd like to protect it some.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Orphaner, if you don't mind sharing how how you made that, I think if it was painted black it would look sweet, I would definately put a black set on my ride.

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
I'm interested in knowing who makes these grills for our cars. Your set looks pretty good, but doesn't help the rest of us out.

Where can we buy something like this?

I have a fluidyne radiator and extreme HE going in, I'd like to protect them also......

RossSVT

Established Member
I am comtemplating a prototype of a grille insert set. It would be 4 peices. 2 for the fog light ducts, 1 for the intercooler area and 1 for the grille opening.

It would be high quality stainless steel mesh of the exact mesh and look of the Z06 grille inserts. They would also have high a high quality fastening system which could be easily removed. And nothing visible and attached without any drilling required. I was also thinking of them avalible in black anodized finishes. Just some thoughts, it seems like many members here are looking for a fix for this problem in the aftermarket Heat Exchanger area and this would be a terriffic solution.

Let's here your thoughts. I have ordered the stainless mesh and when it arrives, I will begin the paterning and then the mock ups.

They would not be a cheap aluminum, (gutter guard) material but high quality stainless steel. What would you pay for a complete set? Your thoughts, interest?

Last edited:

stvdman

Established Member
I am thinking of getting a JMS set. If you order both upper and lower they said they would throw in a Cobra Emblem for no additional cost.

http://jmsproductsinc.com/

BTW- I like the look of what you have there, maybe paint it black.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread