Ydbt tune

MooDy5.0

Established Member
I want to tune my car , someone recommend ydbt( Yolo),did anyone try his tune?
I have 2013 auto 5.0 full bolts on with CJ intake .
please advice me to the best one to tune my setup, some tuner refuse to set the shift point higher than 7500 which is kind of low to get the full advantage of the CJ intake.

Thank you

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Normally aspirated the CJ intake isn't gonna make much more power over 7800 so 7500 isn't gonna hurt anything performance wise. Shaun from AED is someone the Coyote guys recommend for tuning.

Zemedici

Established Member
That wasn't the case with Engine labs 625 RWHP N/A Coyote build, there was no significant gains past 7800.

Saw that, but gottatake dyno graphs with a grain of salt. I've seen dyno graphs where they make power past what's boss mani can do, so I can see the reasoning for wanting to up the RPM as long as the dude understands the potential consequences

Dig Race

Established Member
Well I can tell you without valve springs and oil pump gears I'm not turning 7800rpm I don't see the point in a couple hundred rpm more

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Saw that, but gottatake dyno graphs with a grain of salt. I've seen dyno graphs where they make power past what's boss mani can do, so I can see the reasoning for wanting to up the RPM as long as the dude understands the potential consequences

Yeah and I bet with forced induction it would pull to 8K and still make power.

Dig Race

Established Member
Sure it would make power but you will have to hold your breath everytime and say a little prayer hoping you don't see a rod fly out of the hood

GBCoyote

Established Member
I wouldn't wanna spin it past 7500 for safety concerns. Lund and AED know what they're doing, so if they say something I would take it for fact. Sure, it'll make power past 7800, but I can also make 800whp on a stock bottom end...does that mean I should do it?

Zemedici

Established Member
Well I can tell you without valve springs and oil pump gears I'm not turning 7800rpm I don't see the point in a couple hundred rpm more

Understandable, and that's the risk one takes.

Yeah and I bet with forced induction it would pull to 8K and still make power.

Absolutely.

Sure it would make power but you will have to hold your breath everytime and say a little prayer hoping you don't see a rod fly out of the hood

That's a possibility, yes.

Spin it OP. I spin mine to 7800rpm every day. Every single day.

This. Coyote stock cars are spun to 7800+ every time down the strip.

MooDy5.0

Established Member
Thanks guys for your replies, I would like to shift at around 7600-7700 all gear( if I shift at that rpm each gear I will keep the RPM in peak power which it will make a difference each gear.

Any way no one knows anything about ydbt???

noldevin

Established Member
Thanks guys for your replies, I would like to shift at around 7600-7700 all gear( if I shift at that rpm each gear I will keep the RPM in peak power which it will make a difference each gear.

Any way no one knows anything about ydbt???
Lmao. Look up Yolodouchebag on YouTube it will explain everything

jn2

Established Member
I drive mine hard every single day, rev limiter is to to 8,000rpm to prevent bouncing off the limiter at high RPM's. I shift around 7.5-7.6k rpm. Hard to tell bc of the fat needle, but the logs tend to show its in the 7500 range. Key is to avoiding bouncing off the limiter, this shocks the OPG and could lead to its failure, which is why I set rpm to 8k, that and the fat rpm needle...man I hate that thing...s550's have it so good...

Last edited:

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I spin mine to 8000 rpms as well, on spray I spin it too 7700 rpms. The car has been through about 30-40 bottles and maybe 150-200 drag strip passes, stock OPG as well. I'm still on the stock motor.

Users who are viewing this thread