Yay popped another FRPS, so ridiculous

black 10th vert

Established Member
Also +1 on the kenne bell disc. I used this, although i didn't need it with my fore precision rails(the orifice on these is smaller that on stock rails). Problem solved.

Wait, are you saying you put the KB disc into your Fore rails, even though it didn't need it?:??:

I used the KB disc in my stock rails with a stage 5 ported, 2.93/4# setup with just larger injectors, MAF, and BAP and never had a problem with the frps. Running Fore rails now with a Whipple, and still on the original frps. The one thing that I never did that may help in this case, is I didn't delete the pprv. I plan to go return anyway, so I'm not even going to waste the time to drop the tank until I switch. Still plan to keep the original frps in place for data logging purposes, though.

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Broke and I had this nightmare I was going thru sensors trying to figure it out at least 3-4 a week tried the disc from kb didnt help. Even went to the machine shop made a whole billet piece nothing. Then said F it and went return and never looked back. My old car didnt have a pprv delete,but had kb bap full wired 60lb inj etc and all other bolt ons. I will def be ditching this returnless again on the new car.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I've never had a FRPS pop, but I do carry a spare in the trunk! ....I'll be looking to purchase/install a KB disc!

Definitely mixed reviews on it's efficacy, but I figured it was worth it since it was cheaper than an frps, and couldn't hurt a thing, so why not? Very much like the hcm, where some claim it doesn't help. As long as it doesn't harm anything, then what do you have to lose.;-)

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I think it has to do with the tune. I had a nitrous tune and I had two or three FRPS screw up on me. It didn't rupture like some have had but it wouldn't read pressure correctly and the car would barely run. Pressure spikes get them plan and simple. Since I stopped using the nitrous tune I haven't had a problem since. So that leads me to believe it was the tune. I think a return system is the way to go though. It's going to be alot more consistent fuel pressure and that’s going to lead to a better safer tune.

If you are going stay with your current setup get the KB disk, call Kenne Bell for this, do the PPRV delete, but pay special attention to the crimps in the lines. It would be better to get a Fore or Lethal hat as it deletes the pprv and has a staight shot, so no crimping possible. Finally make sure you have a tuner that knows what he's doing. I would get this thing retuned and pay special attention to your pressure at the end of fuel throttles runs. Hopefully the spike is small.

NateTermi

BF3- NateTermi (ps3)
Established Member

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread