XXR Wheels Anyone!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Steve, let me know asap when you get the image done. I'd be interested in something that route right away. :rockon:

Are these going to have deep lips like your forged wheels? Are you going to offer similar designs as your current wheels?

nope. you want deep lips you'll have to step up to the forged stuff. i have to keep the two differentiated in a few ways. :p

94venomV8

Established Member
Will there ever be a wheel that looks like the victory but are in that price range and have the assembly bolts on them, with chrome lip and black center?

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
can i be the guinea pig for the new true forged wheels? lol. no, seriously

Westbayou

Established Member
which part? :lol1:
TF designed wheel with a price that won't result in the permanent removal of my nuts by the spousal unit of course!!! Unless you are looking for a car in Florida to rep a set of Chicanes at a silly stupid discount price of course:thumbsup:

AintShePurty

Established Member
these look almost identical to my wheels: racing hart c2's i believe. haha, i dont even know what i got. i know theyre racing harts. but ya, go for'em!

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

Last edited:

brad7131

The Spocker!
Established Member
and that's why im working on this ;-)

SOON. im trying to get the prototype CAD image already.

YES! im working on bringing a semi-custom wheel to the market. custom finishes and offsets, big brake clearances, GOOD widths. for about $1200 a set, retail. think BBS RK Plasma-like. not look alikes but somewhat similar in looks but actually less in price ;-) they wont be forged but they'll be 100x nicer and better looking than your run of the mill FR500s. PLUS, we can drill them to any lug pattern, so the fox guys can get them too. im looking at starting with 18" since that has THE biggest market.

ill be doing a GB for the first batch. just to get them out there and on cars with pics floating around. after that they'd be available through resellers and possibly directly, for the full retail price.

ive been meaning to post up a thread in the terminator section about it but i was kind of waiting to get the pics first so you guys could have an idea what im talking about...

I'm VERY interested in these wheels. I'd appreciate it if you'd send me pictures of these wheels whenever you get the design worked out.

Your PM box is full, btw.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I'm VERY interested in these wheels. I'd appreciate it if you'd send me pictures of these wheels whenever you get the design worked out.

Your PM box is full, btw.

saw you tried to PM me. im assuming about this.

as SOON as i have the CAD image i will be posting it up all over the place. ill be doing a GB for them (probably just ONE gb) and be posting threads in the Lightning, gt500, terminator, fox body, new edge, etc.. sections so everyone has a chance. also in the TF forum on page 1. so just keep checking those sections and you'll eventually see something pop up. i doubt they'll sell out immediately so no worries about missing out. :beer:

after that, im hoping some online resellers such as Lethal, AM, etc.. pick them up but obviously they'd be at the full retail price. there are always great benefits to being one of those who are brave enough to jump on the ship early. i think ive proven to provide good looking quality products so i think enough people will be willing to buy in based on the CAD image. once the real product is shown its much easier but then you dont get the serious hook up for taking the "risk" ;-) and its not like im saying "trust me, it will look good". i will have a 3D cad image which will be the actual image of what it will look like in its real form.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
oh, and the image and thread i eventually post up may come in the next few weeks but the actual wheels would still be months off. they'd still have to make the molds and then produce them. then ship them to us, then we shave them to the correct offsets, drill the lug pattern and hub bore, then have them finished. some may come already finished in popular choices. then packaged up and shipped out. so theyre still a ways off before they'll actually get on anyone's car. it could possibly be after the new year before they start arriving on people's door steps, possibly sooner...

Westbayou

Established Member
I early adopted STS Turbo's kit for the Trailblazer SS so I imagine I'm prolly game on a set of wheels after I check out the CAD images. Looking forward to seeing them.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you know what i can give you somewhat of a hint of what they'll look like even before i have the CAD image.

it will look similar to this wheel. the RTR. "similar" but different. the mesh will be more like our own mesh wheels. different concave slope etc... this is just a decent idea of what they'll look like. plus, we'll offer custom offsets and way better widths. theyll pretty much be available in single finish. chrome, satin black, gloss black, brushed, polished, gold, etc... since there are no lips to be polished.
http://www.yourautostuff.com/2009/11/2010-ford-mustang-rtr/

this will also keep them highly differentiated from our forged line (no pun intended lol). theyll also have standard issue plastic center caps as opposed to our forged wheels which have billet center caps which are customizeable.

we're also planning to make them in 20x9 20x10.5 so the GT500/S197, new camaro, G8 and others who want bigger wheels have something as well. Lightnings too :thumbsup:

Last edited:

2190days...

only one at a time..
Established Member
you know what i can give you somewhat of a hint of what they'll look like even before i have the CAD image.

it will look similar to this wheel. the RTR. "similar" but different. the mesh will be more like our own mesh wheels. different concave slope etc... this is just a decent idea of what they'll look like. plus, we'll offer custom offsets and way better widths. theyll pretty much be available in single finish. chrome, satin black, gloss black, brushed, polished, gold, etc... since there are no lips to be polished.
» 2010 Ford Mustang RTR - YourAutoStuff.com

this will also keep them highly differentiated from our forged line (no pun intended lol). theyll also have standard issue plastic center caps as opposed to our forged wheels which have billet center caps which are customizeable.

we're also planning to make them in 20x9 20x10.5 so the GT500/S197, new camaro, G8 and others who want bigger wheels have something as well. Lightnings too :thumbsup:

:eek: wow, i really like those.

RTR
/thread.

brad7131

The Spocker!
Established Member
oh, and the image and thread i eventually post up may come in the next few weeks but the actual wheels would still be months off. they'd still have to make the molds and then produce them. then ship them to us, then we shave them to the correct offsets, drill the lug pattern and hub bore, then have them finished. some may come already finished in popular choices. then packaged up and shipped out. so theyre still a ways off before they'll actually get on anyone's car. it could possibly be after the new year before they start arriving on people's door steps, possibly sooner...

That's just about perfect then, because I wouldn't be ready to purchase a set until after I get back from basic training. :rockon:

MountainDew

Do the Dew!
Established Member

» 2010 Ford Mustang RTR - YourAutoStuff.com

Awesome! I've been waiting for someone to make an affordable set that look like the RTRs. Plus your time frame is just about perfect:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread