XXR 531s w/ 335s

Woody6799

Established Member
looks great.... but you wouldn't make it 5 feet in Jersey.... and there is no way in hell you would make it up my driveway lol

ImRambo

Established Member
looks great.... but you wouldn't make it 5 feet in Jersey.... and there is no way in hell you would make it up my driveway lol

You just gotta drive cautious. Know your speeds bumps. Exhaust sits about 2" off so it'll usually make it over most. Just hit everything sideways lol.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I tried pushing on it, it just says F you. The first 10 years it sat outside I think it may just be permanently warped.

I had to smack the shit out of mine, pushing wouldn't do it, get in there and treat it like it owes you money!

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Looks amazing, just take the tire pin striping off. I would have already swapped to these wheels, but the SRA sets the wheels out another half inch, which would be too far.

Franco

Established Member
I'm not crazy about these wheels but the car looks fantastic Rambo. Props to going all out on the suspension. I wanna do this to my car some day

Oh and tip I got from someone on this site: Pop your trunk and push down on the warped part of the bumper, it'll pop back into place. I was amazed when I did it to my car lol

I did the same thing. I was amazed that my bumper looked normal

ImRambo

Established Member
Looks amazing, just take the tire pin striping off. I would have already swapped to these wheels, but the SRA sets the wheels out another half inch, which would be too far.

I did the letters on purpose. Whats offset and tires?

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I know I hate it. But Im pretty sure someone makes a k mem/a arm setup that properly centers the wheel. I want to go tubular just to get closer to that 50/50.

Oh yeah. I forgot the OEM K member isn't centered. Yeah you're right some of the aftermarket ones do center the front wheels. That would look better for sure. Car still looks great though. Just checked out your build thread. Very good stuff. Keep up the good work.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
oh god those look sick, i wanted a set of chrome xxrs but now i don't want to be a copy cat. sick man

TERMN8U

Established Member
Awesome! That looks even better then mine did... And I thought mine was perfect. Amazing job.

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
I'm not crazy about these wheels but the car looks fantastic Rambo. Props to going all out on the suspension. I wanna do this to my car some day

Oh and tip I got from someone on this site: Pop your trunk and push down on the warped part of the bumper, it'll pop back into place. I was amazed when I did it to my car lol

Im going to try that on mine, I noticed that 'warpage' couple of months ago, I thought someone hit it from behind, Im guessing that its probably common on these rears then?

Like I said on IG Rambo, best stance Ive seen by far :bowdown: wish I could go that low but that conv k-member brace hits everywhere already.

smitty2919

Established Member
Not bad, but too much rear tire bulge. Or maybe it's the design of the 888's.

Last edited:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Im going to try that on mine, I noticed that 'warpage' couple of months ago, I thought someone hit it from behind, Im guessing that its probably common on these rears then?

Like I said on IG Rambo, best stance Ive seen by far :bowdown: wish I could go that low but that conv k-member brace hits everywhere already.

Yea it happens to almost all of them lol. I was amazed when I heard it click back into place. Too late tho as it left a small mark from rubbing against the trunk :\

SUPER 20G

Established Member
I think its design, i've seen a lot of R888's do that or maybe he could of went with 315 for less bulge. Looks great tho!

This is my 18x11 xxr 531 with a Toyo R888 315/30/18....

1DD3501A-0763-4002-B13B-C39A24AB7AB6.jpg

ImRambo

Established Member
Beautiful paint, I do not understand stuffing that much tire on the rear wheels though.

This combo actually dropped 2lbs per wheel vs my old 18x10 FRs w/ 295s. 18x11 xxrs weigh 25.4lbs. Theyre sticky as hell when carving corners.

Not bad, but too much rear tire bulge. Or maybe it's the design of the 888's.

I think mostly because the sidewall is so tiny. My old 335/35s on 10.5 didnt bulge that much. The rims actually measure 12" so its only about an half inch of bulge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread