Xpipe catless??

cobranb

Established Member
Hi guys,

want to put a Xpipe on my Cobra and want to know if catless Xpipe is louder then one with cat???
I got a Borla catback and i dont want a my car to make a lot more noise then its making now.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks
Brian

perry2k12

Established Member
The catless xpipe will be considerably louder. But a lot of people will say it is a very nice loud :rockon:. Go with the catted if you want to keep a somewhat more mellow tone.

svtrookie

Established Member
A catless X or H is definately going to be louder. Stick with a pipe with cats if you want to remain quiet. You also could look into a catless pro chamber. I had a catless pro chamber on my car at one point and it wasn't super loud.

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
I have a cat-less X-pipe to a magnaflow catback and it isnt too bad on startup and idle. It hums but not ridiculously so. Putting around and shifting at 2k will have a nice burble and Ive never had a cop look twice at me. Get into it and around 2.5 and up its going to ROAR. You find a sweet spot where you dont have to excessively accelerate but make tremendous noise. Also engine braking and slowing down youre going to get a loud drone and crackling which sounds awesome at higher RPMs but all of these attributes can be controlled.

With a week or two on that setup you will have learned how and when to make it absurdly loud or quiet enough to sneak past. As long as youre not excessive, cops expect a Cobra (or most Mustangs for that matter) to be relatively loud.

Last edited:

rudycobra

Established Member
Bassani x with high flow cats and u can get the delete tubes so if too loud just put cats back in . I run it with no cats and magnaflow cat back and like it alot

rudycobra

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS4JvFjvKVY&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]2011 Mustang 5.0 VS. 2003 Cobra SVT 20mph roll... - YouTube[/nomedia]

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I have a bassani o/r x and bassani catback and I love the way it sounds. It has a great tone to it and not too loud for me, sounds awesome imo.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think you'll be happy with the catted X-pipe. I had a catted Magnaflow X-pipe with a Steeda (made by Borla) catback and the sound was perfect for me. Not too loud at lower rpms, no drone, but it had a nice bark at WOT.

Bear in mind that in those states where emissions testing is required you stand the risk of failing the test with an O/R X/H-pipe. Some state, I believe, do a physical check for cats and others don't. Some have gone so far as to gut their cats to make it look like they have cats.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Go prochamber I have it on mine you will love it but too quiet for me so I'm going catless x

Users who are viewing this thread