XP Pro request

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
yeah, but 2k is not
XP = bloat

You can put XP on a diet it just takes a little bit of time turning off all of the "you'reanidiotsoi'mgoingtohelpyou" features. Anyway I'm waiting for one more of my apps to port for linux and it'll be bye Microsoft for me.:D

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by FX-Man
You can put XP on a diet it just takes a little bit of time turning off all of the "you'reanidiotsoi'mgoingtohelpyou" features. Anyway I'm waiting for one more of my apps to port for linux and it'll be bye Microsoft for me.:D

Which version do you prefer? I have been a redhat fan for years, but I have to admit Suse is pretty damn cool. I wish I had a full version of suse to play with.

mambaman

Established Member
well i got on kazaa and got this, so i should be ok as far as keys go.not that i would ACTUALLY use a crack...

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
thats exactly the program you need! Have fun! not that you would actually use that program except for educational purposes only.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by VenomousSVT
Which version do you prefer? I have been a redhat fan for years, but I have to admit Suse is pretty damn cool. I wish I had a full version of suse to play with.

I like Mandrake. Redhat doesn't seem to like my machines for some reason. ON the otherhand, Redhat is really getting into the Enterprise server market, so I don't know how long they will just have a "regular distro" of redhat. Novell bought Suse, so I could see something like having Netware either run standalone, or have it run as a service so the box could be dual purpose - Run your netware file server and shit, and then run all your other services in linux. *shrug*

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
*shivers* Netware? I havent touched a Novell box in years.

I guess I've been brainwashed by Micro$oft. I would like to get into some Linux and Unix but who has time just trying to keep up with Micro$soft SPs and updates!?

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by Alex_96Cobra
*shivers* Netware? I havent touched a Novell box in years.

I guess I've been brainwashed by Micro$oft. I would like to get into some Linux and Unix but who has time just trying to keep up with Micro$soft SPs and updates!?

Actually, I kinda like netware, but then again, I've used more modern versions, like 6(latest) heh. I run my main rig with windows and another AMD K6-2 with Mandrake.

mambaman

Established Member
from what i've been told, the program i posted a shot of would work, but that microsoft will occasionaly invalidate keys, just to keep people who pirate on their toes...

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
one of those keys MAY work but I think you may have to run the program because it reads the os then generates keys off of that. Yeah why pirate....like i said I plee the 5th

mambaman

Established Member
Originally posted by Bosko
If the XP CD falls threw let me know... I might have a ISO of Win Xp Pro Corprate. (No Activation Requred)

if there is no activation required i am certainly interested. i guess i'm not computer literate enough though, what do you mean when you say you hav an ISO?

Ashdrgn

Established Member
I too have Corp. XP with no activation, thing is so many people have this copy that Microsoft has it set so that you can only update certain parts of the OS...so you wouldn't be able to get SP1 but you'd be able to get the bugs/fix patches...something like that...ISO is an Image of the CD...

Last edited:

bglf83

Established Member
i have the key code modifier and good a good key i can hook you up with. just let me know.

mambaman

Established Member
is there really any need for SP1?how large is the ISO, and how exactly do you install from it (just burn it to a CD and go?)

bglf83- if you're refering to a key for the regular xp pro i really appreciate it, but the offer of a no risk corporate edition that these guys are talking about sounds even better (please don't take offense, i really am grateful)

thanks everyone

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Ok I admit it...thats what i have been running since xp was released. Corporate edition XP Pro. And you use the key modifier we were talking about to make it seem as if it is a regular version. Then you can update till your blue in the face, SP1 and all. I too have this but it is on cd. I would host it but dont have enough server space.

mambaman

Established Member
venomous-we finally pried a confession out of you!

is there anyone out there with enough space to host (hint hint bosko or ashdrgn), assuming the ISO is large (i still don't have a really firm grasp as to how that works...not that it's too important as long as the install is relatively simple)?thanks again

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread