XP Pro request

mambaman

Established Member
I have a home network with 3 Win2k machines, and i've had plenty of problems with security/networking. what i'd really like to do is upgrade to XP Pro (since the lincese for win2k covers XP Pro, i'm NOT ripping off or stealing). I believe that the upgrade would be pretty simple (correct me if i'm wrong), but what i'm hoping for is someone who might be able to host a copy of XP pro somewhere somehow (someone hosted a copy of ME for me on their FTP site at one point, so it's doable)any takers?i'd really appreciatte it.thanks

nj7703

Established Member
Just 1 prob, XP Pro has to be authorized online or it will stop functioning. So in theory you can only install it once, register it. If you try to reinstall it, after a while it will no longer work. There are "cracks" for that but not sure i can promote that. Ohhh yeah, i don't have a copy of it, but if you go to Kazaa you MAY find a cracked copy :-D

mambaman

Established Member
ok, so we don't like XP Pro...but what i was really wondering was whether or not anyone can in some way get me a copy

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
yeah, but 2k is not
XP = bloat

Hah! You think XP is bloated, wait till you see the next OS Microsoft is working on. I've already installed (and removed) it on a partitioned drive on my comp. Codenamed Longhorn, it has some pretty cool features, and some PC optimizing doodads, but the OS alone takes up about 4 gigs of space (at least the Beta I tested).

It's supposed to come out in 2005.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
No joke longhorn is the biggest resource hog I have ever seen. I run autocad all day which is a resource hog but With longhorn better hope you got 3ghz and over a gig in ram to run it perfect.:nonono:

mambaman

Established Member
lol,so.... does anyone have a copy?

actually someone is going to mail (snail mail) me a copy, so i guess i don't need one anymore unless someone happens to be bored and wants to get me one online.thanks though, have fun with my thread!

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Originally posted by VenomousSVT
No joke longhorn is the biggest resource hog I have ever seen. I run autocad all day which is a resource hog but With longhorn better hope you got 3ghz and over a gig in ram to run it perfect.:nonono:

I run that but it is for 2K; stable, fast and if I want doodads-I'll add them myself

sorry bro but I dont have a copy of XP with me, I MIGHT be able to find a site that has one so PM me on Friday (if you havent got it by then) and maybe I can find it somewhere for you

a

mambaman

Established Member
Originally posted by Alex_96Cobra
sorry bro but I dont have a copy of XP with me, I MIGHT be able to find a site that has one so PM me on Friday (if you havent got it by then) and maybe I can find it somewhere for you

a

thanks man, the guy who is gonna send it to me said he'd drop it in the mail so it's no biggie, i'm just impatient, as always. if you might be able to get your hands on an upgrade though, i would DEFINATLY be interested, i'd prefer that to a clean install.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by mambaman
thanks man, the guy who is gonna send it to me said he'd drop it in the mail so it's no biggie, i'm just impatient, as always. if you might be able to get your hands on an upgrade though, i would DEFINATLY be interested, i'd prefer that to a clean install.

Erm, upgrades = the suck
Clean installs = good = less clutter

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Why are you guys talking about an operating system Microsoft has yet to be released? Its similar to me saying that the 2005 Yankees will be a bunch of fatties.

[boggle]

mambaman

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
Erm, upgrades = the suck
Clean installs = good = less clutter

oh well, if someone can offer me an upgrade, i will certainly take it

kaos

Established Member
If it's a cracked copy you won't be able to update service packs on it. It won't let you. So you need to get a new version with the service pack that's been cracked. That way you can stay updated. At least that's the word on the street.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by omslaw
If it's a cracked copy you won't be able to update service packs on it. It won't let you. So you need to get a new version with the service pack that's been cracked. That way you can stay updated. At least that's the word on the street.

You can do the service packs but you have to dl a keycode modifier. They are easy to find if you know whee to look. And to microsoft's database once you run the keycose modifier and change your os over you might as well have an authentic copy.

Users who are viewing this thread