Xcal4 wont communicate with ECU all of a sudden

amurray7777

Established Member
Hi:

I use my XCal4 to watch gauges like water temp and alternator voltage and IAt temps. I usually plug it in before starting the car. 2003 Cobra.

Today I er. To plug it in as usually, and it says device connection error. Wtf? It’s worked perfectly for years. So now I have no extra gauges. I like to watch them when I’m driving. I am updating my Xcal4 as we speak. No way I set it back to stock. The. When it doesn’t work the car will be a a paperweight. As it is, the car has the aftermarket tune in it and runs fine, I just can’t monitor the extra gauges the programmer provides. I filled their instruction on SCT and nothing seems to work. Any ideas? I’m going to have to call them on Monday. Really annoying.

decipha

Established Member
buy yourself a $250 moates quarterhorse and you can use a windows tablet to watch all your gauges in tunerpro.

with the qh you can never be locked out

amurray7777

Established Member
Hi:

I use my XCal4 to watch gauges like water temp and alternator voltage and IAt temps. I usually plug it in before starting the car. 2003 Cobra.

Today I er. To plug it in as usually, and it says device connection error. Wtf? It’s worked perfectly for years. So now I have no extra gauges. I like to watch them when I’m driving. I am updating my Xcal4 as we speak. No way I set it back to stock. The. When it doesn’t work the car will be a a paperweight. As it is, the car has the aftermarket tune in it and runs fine, I just can’t monitor the extra gauges the programmer provides. I filled their instruction on SCT and nothing seems to work. Any ideas? I’m going to have to call them on Monday. Really annoying.

amurray7777

Established Member
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too. Ugh.
Updated the software and got communication back. It took forever to upload tune revisions for canned tunes I don’t even use, but it’s back in action. It keeps printing me to use Wi-Fi to update tune revisions, but it’s already been done, so I am just going to keep it plugged in. It goes I to standby or sleep mode and doesn’t draw much current. I guess problem solved. What a royal pain in the ass.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Bty,,

Did tuner lose capabilities after update?

I have a older Diablo, guys who updated lost functions. Like with o2 settings?

amurray7777

Established Member
Bty,,

Did tuner lose capabilities after update?

I have a older Diablo, guys who updated lost functions. Like with o2 settings?
Idk. The tune is already in the car and I just use the box to monitor water temp and voltage as well as IAT’s. Once I did the update, it started reading again. I didn’t not set the car back to stock because I wasn’t flashing anything and the tune that is on there isn’t changing. I like the way the car runs. Doesn’t need a new tune. So random that it just stopped communicating out of the blue.

Users who are viewing this thread