Xcal2 gains 96-98 cobra?

97riocobra2

Established Member
I'm just wondering if getting the Xcal2 is worth the money. I have a 97 cobra with a few bolt ons. Catted X, magnaflow catback, jlt rai, 4:10s. I've heard the 98's came from the factory with a more aggresive tune than the 96-97's. I was guessing maybe 8-10 Hp gain. Anyone have any experience with it? Thanks

white98snake

Established Member
i dont have any personnal experience with them but everyone i have spoken to about htem love them, if u dont wanna get a custom tune then def look into it, o and welcome to the site

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The Xcal itself will not give you any more power. However, the tune placed into it by the tuner is what makes the difference. So, to answer your question, if you buy an xcal2 fom a reputable tuner you should see some power gains but how much depends on your mods.

As for the 98 tune being more aggressive, I was told by an SVT tech that it's not true.

I bought my Xcal2 from Modular Depot and the tune they provided me was only a few hp off from what they were able to get me on their dyno after the engine was broken in. I highly recommend them.

blackfang

Established Member
na svt said:
The Xcal itself will not give you any more power. However, the tune placed into it by the tuner is what makes the difference. So, to answer your question, if you buy an xcal2 fom a reputable tuner you should see some power gains but how much depends on your mods.

As for the 98 tune being more aggressive, I was told by an SVT tech that it's not true.

I bought my Xcal2 from Modular Depot and the tune they provided me was only a few hp off from what they were able to get me on their dyno after the engine was broken in. I highly recommend them.

I noticed a good sotp gain from my xcal tune from Tyler @ JMS

Someone on stangnet back in 2002-2003 took some charts off a 98 cobra ecu and a 97 ecu and the timing and fuel charts were different. I wish I still had that link.

Here it is, but the thread is gone
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128825

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread