Xcal II owners

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Is there a site like hptuners where you can chat about tunes and swap tunes?

I would like to know what my tune looks like compared to another set up for the same set up i have.

#6 lower, Stage IV Steig port, JLP Ram Air intake, BA 2400MAF, plugs.

roush24

Established Member
that would be cool. ive never heard of nethnig like it. hope some of the other guys chime in with some insight on this one.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There's no way I would trust a tune that was not made for me by a reputable tuner. But you can ask tuning questions here.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I don't think you will be able to share or swap tunes though. I think there is a site but, you have to be a vendor of SCT to get that type of info.. dunno..

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Also, some tuners do not permit you to transfer tunes they create to other parties. Doing so may void your tuning contract with them.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
The only forum I know of that's close to what you're talking about the ProRacer forum on SCT's website. But they don't actually swap or share entire tunes. The most I've seen is someone maybe posting a table or something from a tune when they ask a question. Unless you have ProRacer software or equivalent, you won't be able to share your tune even if you wanted to.

I'm not sure about other vendors but it's against SCT's policy for you to share your tunes unless you are licensed to do so. The only person I've shared mine with is SCT themselves.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
More like a way to keep from getting ripped off, and to help put food on the table. Keep in mind that tuning is the tuner's livelihood.

and worst case scenario keeping a tuner from attempting to file suit over intellectual property. I dont know how well it would work..but hey stranger things have happened man.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Yeah i wanted just wanted to compare to see what would be different. I know my AF is rich but i would like to know what else is diff.

I was in contact with Rick at Amazon but we never got anything going. Does anyone know if i sent my whole tuner to Rick could he see my tune now and tweak it and make another tune and just put it on the handheld????

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Yeah i wanted just wanted to compare to see what would be different. I know my AF is rich but i would like to know what else is diff.

I was in contact with Rick at Amazon but we never got anything going. Does anyone know if i sent my whole tuner to Rick could he see my tune now and tweak it and make another tune and just put it on the handheld????

He may be able to do that, but he's still going to charge you for a new tune.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member

just call over man he will tell you yay or nay.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I didn't think it was possible for another tuner to dial into another tuners program via handheld..This would mean they could copy each other...No?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

He would just send you a new tune.

Users who are viewing this thread