Xbox360 Headset suggestions??

Cobra84

Established Member
Ok so like some other members that play xbox360 and have had the regular headset break or just "crap out".... i was wondering when you had to replace your headset peice what did you go for? Ideally i would like to get a set that is just like the regular xbox set but feels more expensive. Something that only covers one ear and has the speaker on off switch at the bottom of the xbox controller where the plug goes in. I know there are sets out there for over $200 and i am just not looking for that. I want a set reasonably priced and of good quality. I am not a "hardcore/ Tournament gamer" i just play cod4 on occasion with friends. Any members have suggestions?

Raven519

Established Member
stick with the original ones, they are cheap if you break them and are better than most others out there...i've tried probably 5 different ones over the years and all sucked...lol

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
For a few dollars more you can get the X-Box 360 Bluetooth headset. I like mine.

Last edited:

antiv6

Established Member
i use the wireless Microsoft brand headset, i think they cost like 50-60 bucks but are way more comfortable that the cheap 15$ headsets. Never had issues with it the year or two ive had it

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
The jack is what, 3.5 mm? Any headset will work as long as the plug is that same size. I'm currently using a headset you would use for a cell phone that I bought off Amazon for like $15. The Microsoft ones are junk.

DVan8504

Established Member
I bought the Microsoft wireless headset because my headset audio kept cutting out on the stock one. The audio quality is fine on it, but I don't know what they were thinking with the design of the actual earpiece. It would have been better with just a metal loop over the top of the ear covered in rubber.

RedDemon91

Established Member
My original crapped out on me too. Everyone said it souned like I kept rubbing my fingers up against it. I bought the cheap MadCatz headset for $15 at Gamestop. It's wired but I haven't had any problems with it and the sound quality is great. They've also been making Xbox controls since Xbox was released so I think they're a pretty good company that makes quality products.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
You can have mine. I never used the headsets. It just feels to gay and unnatural to wear a Brittany Spears headset. Never could get into a game enough to talk on a microphone.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
I have a Turtle beach X1 and it was worth the money. If you like to talk while gaming be careful as you will be screaming since all you hear is the game lmfao

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
i use the 360 wireless headset, and the 360 wired one as well. tbh i can hear better from the wireless but on the wired one people can hear me better.

just go with the wired one if youre using it for casual purposes, if you want one good for competition, turtle beach sounds like the best

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
I do not use aheadset but my nephew has one of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Boom-Mic-XBOX-360/dp/B002939OYY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1250318792&sr=8-1"]these[/ame], he likes it

donjonald

I live by the W's
Established Member
If you have a Frys near you try them all, you can take them back.
I had Triton AX360s(huge,but sounded better than X1-X3s) and liked them until I borrowed a friends Astro A40s.
I see you don't want to spend $250+ so i'd go with the AX's

Last edited:

cinch1985

Established Member
turtle bach is the only way to go. once you use these you will not be able to go back to the stockers. they make a world of difference.

98BlackSVT

Established Member
yeah turtel beach all the way......You can hear anybody sneaking up on you in COD4 and not to mention you can turn the TV all the way down so you can play while wifey is sleeping...........oh wait thats me.

Cobra84

Established Member
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I was looking at some of the turtle beach headsets and really just want a design that goes over just 1 ear so i am not totally secluded to the game. I have to keep one ear available to listen for my dog tearing things up. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread