X pipe vs H pipe

BaddGrL13bo$$

Established Member
Here's my dilemma. Thinking of. Long tube headers, cai , xpipe or H pipe and custom tune
i want the old school deep throaty muscle car sound. Apparently noone makes it w the H ppipe and I don't want that raspy sound at high rpms . Any suggestions?

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
long tubes to catted x to gt500's

/ thread,

topic is beat to death. you cant get a 4valve to sound like a pushrod.

Last edited:

Rebel302

Established Member
Here's my dilemma. Thinking of. Long tube headers, cai , xpipe or H pipe and custom tune
i want the old school deep throaty muscle car sound. Apparently noone makes it w the H ppipe and I don't want that raspy sound at high rpms . Any suggestions?

Ok...I'm guessing you want LTs and an H to keep the side pipes? If so, then Kooks is your answer. If you don't want to keep the side pipes...then there are a few choices. The choices are only limited when you want to keep them :beer:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
The closest I got to a true muscle car sound was with borla-s mufflers with kooks longtubes, kooks off-road h, and kooks side pipes. Imagine this sound but a little deeper.
[youtube_browser]90VUDTUqS4o[/youtube_browser]

Jabooh1

Established Member
When did ARH start making an h for the boss side pipes? I got my setup back in 2012 so I haven't been paying attention

I think they always did it just wasn't advertised. You had to ask for it. Now it's on websites and only $50 more than the X pipe.

BaddGrL13bo$$

Established Member
The closest I got to a true muscle car sound was with borla-s mufflers with kooks longtubes, kooks off-road h, and kooks side pipes. Imagine this sound but a little deeper.
Wow! That's exactly the. Sound I'm looking for! I've been on kooks website and couldn't find it available but I
will call them tomorrow . Thank you

Rebel302

Established Member
I think they always did it just wasn't advertised. You had to ask for it. Now it's on websites and only $50 more than the X pipe.

They didn't make one back in 2012. I asked about it. Honestly it was the main reason I ended up going with ARH instead of Kooks because I met the guy that had one of the first Kooks Boss set ups back in 2011 when I got mine, and while I liked the sound, I wanted a more race/raspy sound and ARH was the first to make an X that kept the side pipes.

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Wow! That's exactly the. Sound I'm looking for! I've been on kooks website and couldn't find it available but I
will call them tomorrow . Thank you
Keep in min the video I posted is when gt500 mufflers. If you check out my youtube page I have a kooks full exhaust video as well. I'd post it but youtube mobile is acting weird

Chanchito

I am in the same position. Everything I've heard get raspy and crackly. Only combo I can find that sounds the way I want is what's listed above. I will be running the kooks lts and boss 302 h pipe with lethal over axles and gt500 mufflers. But instead of kooks side pipes I'm getting a set of factory ford side pipes since the kooks side pipe tips are visible and the factory side pipes are not

Posted via Topify on Android

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

god that sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

RTD

Established Member
Does Kooks make an H-pipe that keeps the side exhausts for their shorty headers? I see they have one for their long tubes but don't see the one for their shorties.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
You don't even have to get the Boss side pipes. I just got Kooks long tubes with Catted H-pipe that fits the GT with a magnaflow cat back and it sounds old school. Not raspy at all plus it's lighter than having the mid pipe with side exhaust.

Boss949

Established Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAJUUttydOA

I just installed Kooks LT's 1 3/4 with O/R X pipe with '13 GT 500 A/B. Not as good as USN; but I'm getting there….

[video=youtube_share;hAJUUttydOA]http://youtu.be/hAJUUttydOA[/video]

Last edited:

67bigblock

Established Member
Regarding that video.
The car is next to a large building with a Rig on the other side.
So there might be an echo.
That's merely an observation.

I would just "remove" the mufflers ......
:)

ViciousJay

Established Member

LT, CAI is worthless or not worth their weight in $hit, save you're money! If i were you I'd remove the cats and throw in some jegs catless pipes, toss on some gt500 mufflers and open the side pipes restricted plates!

For that the old school sound, you've never get it from these cars due to the aluminum block and firing order, sorry but most setups will be dumb loud or raspy as hell.

As for the tune AED is the man!

Last edited:

Boss949

Established Member
Regarding that video.
The car is next to a large building with a Rig on the other side.
So there might be an echo.
That's merely an observation.

I would just "remove" the mufflers ...…

:)

I thought about that. We decided to first delete the resonators…

Here it is…

[video=youtube;0f1ZI5UsX30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f1ZI5UsX30[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread