x pipe ?'s

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
ok, im getting the borla stinger, so I need to know what x pipe is the best for the combo, im leaning towards magnaflow or the bassani, Im going to have cats btw

MikeW

Established Member
Jake I have the Stingers and Love them. I picked up a used Steeda/Magnaflow catted xpipe last weekend. I'm going to try and install it myself this weekend. If you can get a Steeda Discount I would get theirs and save some $$. Steeda x's are made by magnaflow.

If I get it on I will let you know what I think. THe Stingers with the Stock H sound really good, but I'm curious about the xpipe sound. I dont think there is too much peak HP difference over the stock H.. on a non-pullied car.

Good Luck

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
The steeda x pipe sounds mean as hell. A lot of 03 exausts ive heard here in va sound funky....but that x pipe sounds awesome. And anything to get you some more top end its good with the pos disp eaton :D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have the Magnaflow catted X-pipe with a Steeda (Borla) catback and have grown to like the X-pipe. Initially I wasn't thrilled with the change in tone. The H-pipe has more of a traditional muscle car sound (to my ears and to the ears of many others - LOL!) while the X-pipe produced more of an exotic tone. Some like it. Some don't. I'd advise you to hook up your Stinger with the stock H-pipe and see how you like it before investing in an X-pipe you might not like. Actually the best scenario would be to do the above and find someone with the same setup WITH the X-pipe and compare the two. Then pick the combo you like the best. If you do it this way it will only cost you the additional time to get under the car again and install the X-pipe. Good luck!
:)

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
well, im really looking to gain some power, I heard the MAC prochamber sounds real mean, would it produce power similiar to the x pipe? I will be pulling this beast close to xmas time

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by JaketheSnake
well, im really looking to gain some power, I heard the MAC prochamber sounds real mean, would it produce power similiar to the x pipe? I will be pulling this beast close to xmas time
I wish I could answer that one. Sorry! :shrug:

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Bob: looks like we got the same color snake! ;)

Hmmm, I'll be doing exhaust soon, but I want the quietest possible system (other than stock). The stock is a little *too* quiet, but I don't want much louder. Definitely want the big tailpipes though.

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
Originally posted by allens-03
jake i have the prochamber on my car and i live kind of close so you could hear it.oh buy the way i live in lakeland

cool, i work in plant city, do you have the catted prochamber and what catback are you running?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
FYI, a few people around here are removing their x/pipe's!! They don't like the "exotic" sound they create. The h is definately more musclecarish whereas the x pipes are more Ferrarish or something. Nice words huh?? Anyway, there aren't big gains with a new xpipe anyway. It's your call, you could certainly spend your 300 or 400 elsewhere for alot more gains!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by cydewaze
Bob: looks like we got the same color snake! ;)

Hmmm, I'll be doing exhaust soon, but I want the quietest possible system (other than stock). The stock is a little *too* quiet, but I don't want much louder. Definitely want the big tailpipes though.
Cool. Do you have a website or any pics of your DSG Cobra? Check mine out at http://www.cobrabob.com
:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by sambandit
FYI, a few people around here are removing their x/pipe's!! They don't like the "exotic" sound they create. The h is definately more musclecarish whereas the x pipes are more Ferrarish or something. Nice words huh?? Anyway, there aren't big gains with a new xpipe anyway. It's your call, you could certainly spend your 300 or 400 elsewhere for alot more gains!
Great comparison. I would say the same thing. I have the X-pipe and it's definitely more of a Ferrari sound. Initially I wasn't crazy about it but now I like it. I always tell people to add a catback and keep their stock H-pipe and check the sound. Then if they want the exotic sound go for the X-pipe. Power wise the X-pipe isn't the best mod to spend your money on.
:)

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Great comparison. I would say the same thing. I have the X-pipe and it's definitely more of a Ferrari sound. Initially I wasn't crazy about it but now I like it. I always tell people to add a catback and keep their stock H-pipe and check the sound. Then if they want the exotic sound go for the X-pipe. Power wise the X-pipe isn't the best mod to spend your money on.

Agreed!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by sambandit

Agreed!
You got me on that one. I didn't see your quote of my response in quotes so at first I thought it was your reply to the other post. I was thinking, boy, this sounds like what I just posted. After looking a bit more closely I realized it was. LOL! :lol1:

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
hmm, well maybe I will do the x or h pipe after I pulley her this xmas, do you think that if I get a tune from the predator and then get a xpipe that it will throw it off much?

Tommystang

Friggin' Ford Lover
Established Member
Originally posted by JaketheSnake
I'm not sure how much extra power you will pull w/ an aftermarket H or X pipe. The stock H does a decent job and sounds pretty tough w/ the Stinger. Take Bob's advice and stick w/ the stock H as the Stinger is where you will see most of the HP gain.(Plus its pretty effing loud)!!

Users who are viewing this thread