X-pipe question

ZINCYELLOW01

Established Member
Hey a little heads up.. I just bought a pypes offroad x for my cobra and really wish I would've spent an extra hundred bucks and got a bassani or magnaflow- the pypes fits like garbage. Honestly. It hangs too low, the flanges are junk (ball flange reducer wouldn't seal with the stock studs) and the band clamps they give you are worthless.

I thought i'd save a little money- how hard could an x pipe be to make, right? Well the pypes kit I got cost me 3 times as much as the best system after I factored in the welding, headaches and exhaust leaks I had to fix.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Hey a little heads up.. I just bought a pypes offroad x for my cobra and really wish I would've spent an extra hundred bucks and got a bassani or magnaflow- the pypes fits like garbage. Honestly. It hangs too low, the flanges are junk (ball flange reducer wouldn't seal with the stock studs) and the band clamps they give you are worthless.

I thought i'd save a little money- how hard could an x pipe be to make, right? Well the pypes kit I got cost me 3 times as much as the best system after I factored in the welding, headaches and exhaust leaks I had to fix.

I can't speak for the fit of the Pypes systems, but I thought the same when I bought my VRS o/r X and the fitment is terrible. Even with gobs of copper RTV they still won't seal with my LTs. I will be buying another style X before too long.

matt87

Established Member
cant complain about my upr o/r x-pipe. cheap and well made.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Get a Mac aluminized H! They FIT and sell in the $150 range!
The Xpipe sound is an acquired taste that hasn't won me over yet, I go by the philosophy if it aint broke don't fix it, Ford guys have been running H's since the dawn of the Fox Body and I've yet to see a dyno test where the Xpipe is blowing it away with more HP and Torque?? Anyone have any links?

jareds99slobra

Established Member
i got the pypes it hangs great the clamps werent the best so i had it welded but other than that im happy with it

Users who are viewing this thread