X-pipe Question

Iceberg

Established Member
I'm fairly certain it's for the header. You won't get a good seal due to the sleeves on the stock studs. So, I think that piece gives you the option of keeping the stock sleeves and having a tight seal. I didn't buy that mid-pipe, so I'm not positive. I do know they wouldn't give you extra parts like that unless they were helpful.

arturo3rd

Established Member
thanks. i wish they would have dropped off some instructions or just a parts list in the box so i could at least figure it out before i 'thought' i was done.

mustang03

New Poster Old Lurker
Established Member
Like Black281 said that is a reducer for the drivers side pipe to mate to the drivers side manifold. without it in you have a better chance of having a leak on the drivers side at the manifold, x-pipe union. not an extra part.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Sorry, not trying to hi-jack

The original owner of my car gave me a BBK O/R X but it doesn't have that reducer piece, do I need to buy it? I'd like to get this X pipe on soon.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Alright, I'm bringing this back from the dead. I'm having the same issue as the OP. I just bought a used Magnaflow catted X and I'm having an issue with the DRIVERS side leaking at the exhaust manifold. I have pulled it out three times and tried just tightening that side up first, but there is still a leak. RTV didn't work. Any other suggestions? I'm going to drive it for awhile and see what happens. I'm hoping the "socket" will set itself, but I'm not holding my breath.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

fondani302

Established Member
The pic in arturo3rd post #12 ...This part is what fixed my leak on the drivers side...the piece like that comes with the xpipe is put in on the left side where pipe meets manifold..when i went to the exhuast shop what they did to fix it was take the one that came with xpipe and put in one that was a little bigger for a tighter fit..no problems since..im running upr xpipe..hope this helps/

fondani302

Established Member
if you didnt get one any custom exhaust shop will have one or can fabricate one ..its just a piece of pipe that can fitted to work

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Thanks man! I just did some research. All I need to do is get a flair made the same size as on the stock H-pipe. Slide it in the X-pipe flange and DONE! Oh well, I have to deal with the leak for a couple days.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Just in case this thread is read by someone having the same issue, PM me and I will send you the piece needed. My exhaust guy made me two thinking it had two of the drivers side connections. So, I have an extra "reducer" I'd be more than happy to help out. Just pay for shipping :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread