X-Pipe install gone wrong

bigpapa

Established Member
even with bad o2 sensors you should not have the problems described. At WOT the o2 data sent to the computer is not used. The euc should have a map for WOT and delivers a set amount of fuel per cycle. I would say check your fuses make sure everything is OK. You may find that you have a 2 dollar problem.

As far as o2 sensors go. Give them a good visual but I SERIOUSLY doubt they are the cause of your issues.

yoshis99_cobra

Established Member
bigpapa said:
even with bad o2 sensors you should not have the problems described. At WOT the o2 data sent to the computer is not used. The euc should have a map for WOT and delivers a set amount of fuel per cycle. I would say check your fuses make sure everything is OK. You may find that you have a 2 dollar problem.

As far as o2 sensors go. Give them a good visual but I SERIOUSLY doubt they are the cause of your issues.

All fuses were ok. I checked them already. The dealership called this morning and said they're going to replace the fuel pump, under warranty, and the towing is under warranty as well. I must have a nice warranty I guess. After the fuel pump is replaced they'll see if it's running right or not. If it is then I just had a bad fuel pump. I hope that's all.

yoshis99_cobra

Established Member
Well guess what it was that caused all this problem? It was the fuel pump. I just happen to be doing this swap with the exhaust and I end up with the fuel pump. They changed it out and it runs awesome. NO check engine light either, YET. The Ford Tech who changed out the fuel pump said I was running a little rich and that a dyno tune shop down the street from my house, of which I didn't know about, will tune it with my Predator for 100 bucks. plus I'll get the dyno readouts too. That aint' a bad price is it?

yoshis99_cobra

Established Member
mikep01 said:
check all your fuses.

Fuses were checked and weren't an issue. It did end up being my fuel pump. I could have gotten an aftermarket fuel pump and they would have installed it for me and given me the stock fuel pump but I didn't get any replies to my question so I left it alone for now. I know eventually I'll need a bigger fuel pump, but so be it. THanks for your reply though.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
yoshis99_cobra said:
Well guess what it was that caused all this problem? It was the fuel pump. I just happen to be doing this swap with the exhaust and I end up with the fuel pump. They changed it out and it runs awesome. NO check engine light either, YET. The Ford Tech who changed out the fuel pump said I was running a little rich and that a dyno tune shop down the street from my house, of which I didn't know about, will tune it with my Predator for 100 bucks. plus I'll get the dyno readouts too. That aint' a bad price is it?

Glad to see it worked out for you and that the dealership didn't give you a lot of crap about your mods! :beer:

$100 sounds like an okay price for a dyno tune w/ your Predator depending upon how many pulls you get. You should get at least three pulls w/ the dyno sheets and wide band O2 that shows your mix ( lean or rich ). Interesting that someone at your dealership is the place that told you where to get the dyno tune. :idea:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Hey Cool! Glad it was just the fuel pump. Kinda scary there for awhile though huh? Did you return the 02 sensors and get your money back? Now it's time to have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread