• Cats

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • O/R Pipes

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
So, the Bassani X-pipe came in today. its got the high-flow cats with the off-road pipes for the o/r option. so my question is, what would you guys do? Cats or the offroad option? im kinda leaning towards the cats because of all the talk of backpressure helps these cars more. that would be the only reason really not to take the cats off.

**Also have a Bassani CB.

Last edited:

termntr

torchredtermntr
Established Member
.n0b. said:
So, the Bassani X-pipe came in today. its got the high-flow cats with the off-road pipes for the o/r option. so my question is, what would you guys do? Cats or the offroad option?

offroad option first,then if no ses light leave it ....it sounds like a beast.....if you get an ses and cant get rid of it with a tune or mils go catted....congrats u will love it...:coolman:

03chromecobra

Jason Daily
Established Member
I have the setup and get so many compliments! I never really knew what it sounded like until I heard it from the outside, and damn does it sound good!

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
31 views and 4 people voted! no one wants to help me out?!? guess i'll have to expierment with it.....

thanks to guys that voted.

Fran

Established Member
I vote for the cats. The sound is less raw in my opinion. There is a good video on streetfire of a mach one with the bassani setup. I there are differences in sound but overall it seems to be a much more refined sound IMO. Try it out. (Not my car)

Click here to see Video

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
i guess ill just have to drive it down the road for a sample ear test to see if you like how it sounds outside of the car?!?! But honestly fronk im thinking we should go catless first because the bassani catback is just too damn quiet to begin with? We have the lift and all the tools, ill take off work for the day and we can experiment!

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
its all so balanced!! i will say w/o cats its really raw, as that one guy said. almost like just a lot of LOUD and no tone or anything to it w/o cats. but ya, i'll have to try them both out since we got a lift and all and see what i prefer.

thanks again for voting.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
shut up and work...do something!!!!!!! Lol guess who called my house? The highschool Attendance lady and said brandon didnt get to school till 9:15 and he "slept in" BULL SH!T how do you sleep in 2 more hours than your supposed to. So he has 4 Office Detentions BWAHAHHAHAA

k i gotta go now, i need to take a shower and go to work

nrmustang

Established Member
Cats, for two reasons 1. yes backpressure 2. emmissions
If you've ever drivin a catless stang through a Mcdonalds drive through you'd realize how bad it can be for you and everyone else around you. The fumes can kill you and 2nd the fumes can really kill you!:rolling:

But thats just my opinion, I've had 7 mustangs in the last 10 years so I've got to experiment a lot. At 17 years old I went no cats, 27 now and I'd stick with cats.

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
Fran said:
I vote for the cats. The sound is less raw in my opinion. There is a good video on streetfire of a mach one with the bassani setup. I there are differences in sound but overall it seems to be a much more refined sound IMO. Try it out. (Not my car)

Click here to see Video
SOunded like the mach was supercharged???????

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
.n0b. said:
its all so balanced!! i will say w/o cats its really raw, as that one guy said. almost like just a lot of LOUD and no tone or anything to it w/o cats. but ya, i'll have to try them both out since we got a lift and all and see what i prefer.

thanks again for voting.
DUde i ll try posting some clips this weekend..i got bassani CB with off roaf x-pipe by bbk, its way to load and raspy..dont get me wrong it sounds really good to others but inside of the car is really anoying... bassani and bbk are almost identical as far as x-pipe design....should of went with the UPR dude...

Users who are viewing this thread