X-Pipe= 5hp gain

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
ADR ... some loss TQ & ALL CARS REACT Differently.
Id lost more then 18TQ but my TUNER got it all back for me.
Just right down ur numbers & u'll really see ur leaving some TQ & HP out by not getting ur car tuned.
U can see its apperent from 2500RPM with out the Xpipe ur already at
420 - 425TQ VS with the X-pipe at the same 2500RPM ur only at 400TQ.

Tuner couldnt get me more then 17HP on the peak side but with the new Burn he got my TQ & Some.

Good Luck.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Thanks, I think I will get some long tubes , I found a shop that will put them on and custom cut my x-pipe so i can keep it, and then a single blade TB and then get another tune and settle in with that.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
U really want that 500HP mark dont you? :beer: same thing with me.

Even if u let the car cycle a few times i dont think u will see any gain of 25tq from 2500rpm that ud lost with out a tune....Are u still not going to run a new burn with the LT & TB?

Oh did u got to Carlsbad yesturday? Wish ud make a thread on it at the TIME SLIP BAR. :)

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Yeah I want to get close to that 500 at least. I will get a reburn after adding those mods. No I didn't go to Carlsbad wish I had, I heard it only drizzled and then dried up, when I left the Dyno shop it started raining so I didn't go, now I have to wait two weeks to go because I have stuff planned for the next 2 Saturdays.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
low torque numbers could have been from the air if you said once you left the dyno, it started raining...just an idea

BOOOOST

Established Member
Your car is running way too lean! 12.5 to 13.0 from 4k to 6.5k is NOT safe at all! You need to be running in the 11.5 range. It's time for you to get a reburn, and fast, or you'll find yourself with a melted piston, broke valve from a fried plug, or worse, a snapped rod through the side of the block!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I agree the stock catback is probably the biggest restriction. I put down 456 with stock exhaust just with the stock mufflers hacked out and straightpipes installed.

Makes me think twice about going with an X..might have to hold off and go with a good catback.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
You are right about the A/F, I looked at my numbers right after getting the Chip and the A/F is around 11.5, but my tune was done on a different dyno, I have heard about the A/F creeping back up like that or do you think its from the X-pipe although the Dyno i did without it has the same lean A/F readings. I will go to the Dyno that it got tuned on and see what the A/F reading is on there. That would be a good thred, so would the A/F reading differ from one machine to the next?

Last edited:

BOOOOST

Established Member
Yeah, they can vary greatly from one to the other. Before your X-Pipe your 2nd graph was showing mid 12's constant up top, now you're upper 12's after the X-Pipe. I just wouldn't trust anything but a real wideband. Why don't you go to www.widebando2.com and pick yourself up an FJO! www.fjoinc.com for more info. I have one, use it and the datalogging kit, and it works great! It showed me that the Dynojet here is a full 1 to 1.5 points showing LEANER than the FJO when comparing on my Cobra! Now that is scary to think about when it comes time to tune. On Lightnings the Dynojet normally shows dead on or w/in a few tenths to the lean side versus the FJO. This isn't indicative of all Dynojet's meters, however, as I've seen some that are dead on when on a Cobra. Something about this one here tho :-\

Last edited:

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Sigh, put on my xpipe and it sounds like a honda with a fartcan now unless im at WOT

You sure its sealed, when he first started mine it sounded like a V6, and he said one of the sides were not sealing, mine sounds the same just a little higher pitch. I need to have my wife drive it around the block so I can hear it from the outside, maybe headers will help?

Last edited:

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by ADR
You sure its sealed, when he first started mine it sounded like a V6, and he said one of the sides were not sealing, mine sounds the same just a little higher pitch. I need to have my wife drive it around the block so I can hear it from the outside, maybe headers will help?
Shrug, Ill check, I don't have a lift so I have to take it back to the shop, but this sounds really bad :( Not planning in doing headers bc the dealership wont let me if I want to keep my warranty, and I do want to keep the warranty for at least a year or 2.

Its plenty loud and all but good lord, after the H + Magnaflow catback, this X + Magnaflow catback sounds horrible

Prolly just gonna put the stock H back on tomorrow and sell the X pipe on EBAY if theres no exhaust leasts causing this, and spend the money on a Steeda CAI instead (My goal is just 400rwhp without voiding warranty).

Last edited:

tsprad3033

I own a '03 lightning and have american thunder exhaust. im trying to decide whether or not to put an x-pipe on my truck. should i or not? if so, what brands are the best for sound value and performance? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread