X or H , what sounds the best??

Vito

Broken
Established Member
s

I remember watching nascar and the one time they had an s pipe on sterling marlins car does anyone know if this still exsists and what might be gained from it?

roushcobra

Established Member
I had a BBK offroad H pipe and 2 chamber Flowmasters installed yesterday. Maybe I need to get used to it, but it sounds really horrible between 1500 and 2000 rpm (hollow, droning, painful). I have the stock exhaust manifolds, new lead-ins, the new Flows and then the stock 2.25 inch dual tailpipes and tips.
Do I need to swith out the after muffler pipes?
I also bought the MIL eliminators, but the muffler shop didn't install them and my check engine light hasn't come on yet... do I need them anyway? I'm supercharged and I don't want to screw up the air/fuel mixture.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by roushcobra
I had a BBK offroad H pipe and 2 chamber Flowmasters installed yesterday. Maybe I need to get used to it, but it sounds really horrible between 1500 and 2000 rpm (hollow, droning, painful). I have the stock exhaust manifolds, new lead-ins, the new Flows and then the stock 2.25 inch dual tailpipes and tips.
Do I need to swith out the after muffler pipes?
I also bought the MIL eliminators, but the muffler shop didn't install them and my check engine light hasn't come on yet... do I need them anyway? I'm supercharged and I don't want to screw up the air/fuel mixture.

I'd go ahead and put them on. If the reading is right it won't change that. It will just make the computer see the right millivolt readings.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I've always been partial to the Basanni due to the fit and finish. Hey it is a one piece that is a TRUE bolt-on. You are right about the X being the best sounding IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread