X-Cal 2 Datalogging question

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
Hi, I was wondering if there anyway to datalog with an X-Cal 2 and Windows Vista. So far I have not found a way to do this. I checked their site and it seems that it can't be done. I searched this site and a few others to find no clear answer. I am new to using the SCT stuff and so far I think that I may have to buy another form of datalogging software such as Autotap or an X-Cal 3 because its not an option to get another OS for my laptop. :coolman:

boatcop1

Established Member
Yeah bro sorry. I dont believe the SCT 2 OR 2 work with Vista, Someone correct me if I'm wrong! I had a Xcal 3 with my last car and could not use Vista to program it. Now I have a Xcal 2 and still only use Windows 7 or XP. My new Laptop runs 7 and so far so good but I havent tried to datalog it yet. Good luck.

MVD

Established Member
They work fine and are compatible. Just change the properties on your LiveLink to open as Windows XP. Everything will work fine, people have been doing it for over a year now.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I know that the X3 works fine with Vista 32 and finally the 64 bit systems. Might want to call SCT regarding the X2.

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
Fixed it. I changed the compatability of the program to Windows XP (Pack 2) then it opened right up and started working.

Users who are viewing this thread