Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

vortech96cobra

FORCE FED
Established Member
the other day i was racing my friends ss and after i pulled like hell on him i let out around 80 on the highway and put the car in nuetral and rolled for awhile. What happend was my rpms were going crazy from 1500 to 400 and back and forth. This has happend previously only on hard acceleration and if i dnt put it in gear the car will cut off. Is this a bad tune or what?

02scgt

Established Member
The same thing happens on my 2002 Gt with a vortech if I put it into neutral after hard acceleration. Maybe someone has the answer because it puzzles me.

Charlie41

SiFi junky
Established Member
yea its a sct 2400 in the fender. whats maf backwash?

It's a pulse or vibration of air coming back from your intake. When it inters your MAF, it changes the preception of air flow by the MAF. This false reading will cause the computer to change timing and fuel. And your AFR and idle will bounce.

Charlie

Stangcharger

forged 4.2L v6
Established Member
it isnt the IAC from what you said. when mine was acting up it would not idle right from start up.

could be the MAF acting up..I know mine was going to be mounted on the bottom just above the fender and there was a concern about water or anything getting in there and damaging the MAF sensor. So that is a possibility.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Not exactly related but I'll mention it just the same.

The S197's with a Kenne Bell blower were having similar idle control problems.
A restrictor orifice installed in one of the vacuum lines solved it.

NA97GT

Established Member
my car would die after getting on it then rolling in neutral. The idle would flutter also it turned out to be my iac valve, however my car was not blown.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
What he said try turning the maf to get rid of issue's my 03 did that stuff I now have paint marks on maf and tubing to put it all back the same. It really didn't seem to jack w a/f wot but on coast down at higher speeds.

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
Simple ways of saying it,it happens,its normal and no nothing is broken. Just tap the throttle to rev it slightly after you pull it into neutral and it wont do that.

stangman4610

Established Member
I have the same problem on mine (97 Vortech)
sometimes, pulling up to redlight, or in garage, it will idol down and shut itself off?!?!!?

what the hell is this mystery problem??

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
do you have a screen installed after the maf? i know my mach1 will shut off cause of the screen not being installed. something about the way the air moves. also i found that my IAC was bad. replaced it and all is good. no more stalling when i push im my clutch.

that crap scared me when it happened on a road i didnt know, and was on a sharp bend and a stop sign was comming up i didnt now about. stalled, and lost all power. so quick reaction, i just poped the clutch back out in gear and started the mach. but i know if it was my ol lady, ditch or crash. so its a must to fix.

Users who are viewing this thread