WTF!!!! Why is it so hard to find intake bolts!

94venomV8

Established Member
I've been searching for lower intake bolts for the better part of 6 months and still don't have any! I remember saying when I sold my KB to Christian on here if I could have his and he said he sold them with his intake, and I thought watch this be the hold up now......and what do you know I can't find them. Long story short I went to a hardware store and bought some same length and matched the threads....get home and the first goes in smoothly....second one snaps so I thought hey maybe something in the threads, so I clean them out of every one, and the rest go in like #*%^! So now I'm on the hunt again, I need stock lower intake bolts I can't believe it's this damn hard to find so measly bolts. Anyway rant over please let me know if you have them. And I need them all for the lower.

my94pony

addicted
Established Member
I had the same problem when doing a project on my sixxer and I had to eventually get overpriced bolts from ford, might wan a give them a call and see if they have yours

94venomV8

Established Member
Lol I was texting you as you were writing that. I hope someone has a set! And for the record I have called Ford and they don't have them anymore. At least none of the 3 dealerships around here do, I've also checked with tousley and Steve couldn't get them either.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Jace, sorry about the bolts man...i actually have a set right now, but i cant let them go as i need them for down the road with my B intake....do you want mine so you can take them to a hardware store and try to get better ones than you had? or is that useless?

goat-ee

Established Member
Not sure what grade bolts you bought, but remember there is a big difference in bolts. Make sure you get at least grade 8 bolts. Not so much because you need the strength for your particular application, but because they are of higher quality all the way around, including the threads themselves.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Are the lower intake bolts the same for a B head and c head car? Have u tried finding a Mark 8 or possibly an aviator in the junkyard?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
find out the size bolt you need and thread type and order the proper set online, when you got the bolts were you sure they were the proper thread type, that would be my guess if they didn't want to thread in correctly.

94venomV8

Established Member
Jace, sorry about the bolts man...i actually have a set right now, but i cant let them go as i need them for down the road with my B intake....do you want mine so you can take them to a hardware store and try to get better ones than you had? or is that useless?

No man not your fault at all, out of curiosity where did you find a set? And that may help but honestly at this point I might just buy the over priced MMR set. It's rediculoud to spend $50 on 6 bolts that there is nothing special about, and then still need the two front bolts. I will let you know on it, thanks for the offer though.

94venomV8

Established Member
find out the size bolt you need and thread type and order the proper set online, when you got the bolts were you sure they were the proper thread type, that would be my guess if they didn't want to thread in correctly.

Yeah I had a arp Allen head bolt that went in just fine, I took that to the store matched up the threads and got the proper length, got home and all but one of the bolts went in very hard to where I stopped, the one just snapped off! I wasn't even torqueing on it very hard. The bolts are just junk. No they weren't grade 8 but they aren't the cheapest either

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
I got a set from the guy who bought the KB off me, i swapped him the kb with his stock upper and lower and it obv. came with hardware...if i had it back in the dya i would of given it to you man...so the Kb is gone ahah but i had a lot of fun with it

CJK440

Established Member
FYI,

You are not going find a grade 8 metric bolt. Common metric hardware is rated 8.8 & 10.9etc. and the thread class, not the grade determines thread shape tolerance and typicaly you are not going to have much of an option unless you go to a specialty source.

Grade 8.8 bolts would be fine for an intake manifold.

I like www.mcmaster.com for hardware. If you are still having no luck, they sell grade 8.8 threaded rod that can be used to make your own "studs".

Last edited:

Boosted 03

Established Member
Which bolts exactly do you need? I can look to see if I have a set. I have enough modular cobra parts to build 3 cars. But, Ironicaly never what I need when Im looking. :(

Boosted 03

Established Member
Just measured them 8 x 1.25
I have the two in the front for sure, with the acorn style nuts on top. Just had them in my hand. I can search for the others if you need.

Users who are viewing this thread