Wtf Roush 427r?

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
LOL
Read the fender on the ROUSH...427. Oh, ok.
Now read the window sticker on your 5.0...420HP

Make sense?
We are all going to be so proud of you when you realize your 5.0 heritage and join the 5.0>All club.

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I ran a stock 427r when I was 5.4 on 57's. I was on 5-6psi with about 550whp. It was ugly for him, we went from a 40~ roll.

Nice guy though and he asked at the next light to scope mine at a gas station just up ahead, we pulled in and talked cars. He asked where he could build his turbo, I referred my tuners. My tuners never has a 427r come in looking to go turbo so I imagine he probably kept it stock or at most upgraded the sc components to keep the value high/leave it basically original.

I was surprised how slow it was, id say it was barely faster than srt8 chargers and Pontiac g8's, i'd raced stock 400hp auto c6 vettes that were way faster (while on that low boost tune making 550~whp.)

Cool cars though, but need 50-100 more whp imho to be "perfected"

Last edited:

ripcord

Established Member
My little 427R runs 12.3 @ 115. with a pulley swap and tune. Not the fastest but a fun car.

Dadarkside

Quicksilver
Established Member
Encountered a 05-09 body style roush 427r while driving my 14' 5.0 m6 3.73 and he really wanted to mess around. I immediately agreed since most of the time i enounter ""fast cars" is in traffic or when im driving my moms corolla". from 40 in 2nd i expected him to put buses on me since im pretty sure those are supercharged and all i have is exhaust and intake with bama 93. We went at it and i jumped ahead and actually put a couple cars on him? Did i just beat a supercharged v8 with a mostly stock n/a? Wtf is the 4.6 that bad. Is that body style heavier than the 2014? Or maybe needed driver mod.
wow

LS1FTMFW

Banned
Encountered a 05-09 body style roush 427r while driving my 14' 5.0 m6 3.73 and he really wanted to mess around. I immediately agreed since most of the time i enounter ""fast cars" is in traffic or when im driving my moms corolla". from 40 in 2nd i expected him to put buses on me since im pretty sure those are supercharged and all i have is exhaust and intake with bama 93. We went at it and i jumped ahead and actually put a couple cars on him? Did i just beat a supercharged v8 with a mostly stock n/a? Wtf is the 4.6 that bad. Is that body style heavier than the 2014? Or maybe needed driver mod.

I had an encounter with an 05-09 roush stage 3 from 20-120, didn't end so well for him. Is that the same thing?

Local guy did 12.3 @ 109 mph with full exhaust, tune and it's auto. RS3 too I think

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
427R's dyno around what a stock 5.0 puts down in stock form. They will need a Pulley Swap, a new custom dyno tune (Roush leaves room on the table) and a good driver.

Most run mid-high 12's stock, around 108-110.

The 4.6 is not a "bad" car, just needs a proper setup and a good tune.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
I for one would NEVER own a 3v car or truck but a friend had an 05 with a Saleen blower with long tubes and full exhaust. The car went 7.1x's and 11.2x's consistently for about 10-12 passes then hung a rod out the side. Not real sure how far that m90 will go on the Roush...

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^ that was a close race...roush did well. Somewhat expected outcome, but if you put both in front of me as sweet as the 5.0 is, that roush would get the nod for me to drive everywhere lol

brandonflood123

Established Member
its not all about weather its supercharged or not. really its the power output and how it puts it to the ground that makes the race. people glorify cars because they are supercharged. 5.0s are definitely an excellent platform i could probably even safely say that they are your best bang for the buck. but in the end its about how you put your power to the ground and the 5.0 i would say puts it down better then the old 3v roush. but honestly you cant judge them by just one race. race a couple of different ones with different set ups.

anyways good kill

CaDDy

Banned
its not all about weather its supercharged or not. really its the power output and how it puts it to the ground that makes the race. people glorify cars because they are supercharged. 5.0s are definitely an excellent platform i could probably even safely say that they are your best bang for the buck. but in the end its about how you put your power to the ground and the 5.0 i would say puts it down better then the old 3v roush. but honestly you cant judge them by just one race. race a couple of different ones with different set ups.

anyways good kill

Wanna race OP ?

I love my car, but I can't deny that a 5.0 would have been an all around better platform for the direction I want to take my car in. (a car that can be DD in summer and reliably put down 500 rwhp with creature comforts/tech)

As far as different set-ups go being that the two share the same chassis. Improvements were made to the 2010+ GT's all over, never mind the coyote. Lesson learned I suppose , buy the whole package with factory warranty
2017 SVT Cobra :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread