wtf is wrong with my car?

2MuchVenom

Established Member
i just put a 2.76 pulley with all the idlers and my car keeps dying on me. i went through 2 batteries in less then 24 hrs.has anyone experienced this? idk whats causing this to happen?

JAX99GRNSVT

thats it...stroke the mod
Established Member
your alt. pulley might be binding slipping ....not enough tension etc. etc. but the fact that your batts are dying definitely suggests an alternator problem....and brother check everything else first cause those babies aint cheap

JAX99GRNSVT

Established Member
i'm a turbo guy...so no....but like i said the cances of your alternator eating it right after a pulley swap is slim.....possible though...but as stated before-slippage and tension first

1fastchick

Established Member
2MuchVenom said:
lidio did tune it and he said its prob my alternator has onyone else had this prob?

yes its kind of common for some reason for the alternator to fail on 03 cobra's

what i mean is your not the first

JAX99GRNSVT

Established Member
da da da.......did you replace it.....if so....the pulley might be spinning to fast and creating an overvoltage.....that's bad.....did you just get a blower pulley or an alt pulley too

JAX99GRNSVT

Established Member
porb an overvoltage....fuse is replaced.... i assume....you could meter between the fuse posts and check that way....but....BE CAREFUL...DC will make you dance like no other

dougwg

Established Member
JAX99GRNSVT said:
da da da.......did you replace it.....if so....the pulley might be spinning to fast and creating an overvoltage.....that's bad.....did you just get a blower pulley or an alt pulley too

upper pulleys DON NOT EFFECT ALT. SPEED! :bash:

JAX99GRNSVT

Established Member
wow,,,, yeah the fuse my bust on the pulley speed thing....just using some common sense....badly using common sense...but yeah that fuse closes the loop which completes your battery charging circuit.....you kinda need that

JAX99GRNSVT

Established Member
and dougwg i wasn't sure if he changed the alt pulley read the question b4 you go trying to own somone next time....but yeah bro change that fuse

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
JAX99GRNSVT said:
and dougwg i wasn't sure if he changed the alt pulley read the question b4 you go trying to own somone next time....but yeah bro change that fuse

WTF are you doing in this forum anyway? :poke:

JAX99GRNSVT

Established Member
saw post said WTF is wrong with my car? so i looked and offered my opinion, and having worked on more than a few terminators having an ASE cert and running my own performance .....no reason

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Fuses don't blow for no reason.
You need to find out why it failed.

JP

Users who are viewing this thread