WTF is this??

jacker1991

Established Member
I am here to beseech the Gods of paint for their supreme knowledge.

WTF is this yellow spot on my paint. Car is a Mustang GT 2018, still under Basic Warranty. Saw it yesterday while cleaning the car.

Thanks for your time.

Picture 2.jpg
Picture 1.jpg

brigs

Established Member
Could be certain trees we have here in south FL. Had that same thing happen when I parked under a tree and it rained - drops from the tree actually stained the white shirt I was wearing, and it got on the car just like that. Had to really buff it out and never parked near those trees again. Look at the streets and sidewalks we have here - under certain trees they're stained that color. Maybe I'm wrong, but just my guess.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
It looks like it is from 'bee droppings'. For real. Bee shit. It is yellow and it can stain. It should be completely correctable.

I would try to clay it off first. As stated above, use a lot of detail spray for lube and use medium pressure on the clay. If that doesn't work, a polish/compound by hand should be able to get it off your paint. You can try some autozone/etc sourced Meguiars ultimate polish/compound on a clean microfiber cloth first--don't go crazy with the pressure when trying to remove it on just that area. Work the 'whole' area in an attempt to prevent a 'spot' that will look different than the rest of your car.

Or, if you are ever over in the Naples area, let me know and I'd be happy to help you out.

jacker1991

Established Member
Very well, will start with the clay and detail spray and see if that works.

Thanks for the help everyone. :D

jacker1991

Established Member
I am assuming I have to apply wax to the area once I am done with the clay. Any recommendations?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
You can put whatever you are using on the rest of the car on that area. My response as to what to use would vary with what you use the car for/use/daily/weekends/etc...

jacker1991

Established Member
You can put whatever you are using on the rest of the car on that area. My response as to what to use would vary with what you use the car for/use/daily/weekends/etc...

I have never done anything to this car except the normal 2 bucket wash method. The car is my daily, and it sees about 3/4 highway and 1/4 street. Sleeps in the garage.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I'd use a good sealant for some extra 'protection' and longevity over a wax. McKee's37 Hi def paint sealant is awesome. Easy to use, great slickness and properties and looks very good.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One of my past car go bee poop on the paint and it was just like that. Only happened one times. I thought I was hearing things when I heard what it was. It was a bit of work to remove it.

Users who are viewing this thread